The TMCC Technology Committee acts as a recommending body for the strategic direction and implementation of information technology within Truckee Meadows Community College.
The Technology Committee promotes increased awareness and utilization of various academic and administrative technologies, and explores technologies which enhance student learning, facilitate instruction and strengthen administrative functions.
About the Committee
The Technology Committee strives to identify, prioritize and advocate for technology needs and services within the College. The Committee considers, reviews and recommends technology plans, projects, policies and procedures for final approval by the President's Planning Council.
Additionally, the committee takes a proactive role in promoting the integration of technology into the academic and administrative life of the College. The committee's efforts ensure the College's mission and goals are served through short-term and long-term technology planning.
The Technology Committee provides a unified forum to discuss technology trends, questions, requests, policies, purchases and the effects of such technologies on the various departments of the College.
The committee ensures technology initiatives fit the College's strategic goals through review and recommendation of new as well as existing academic and administrative technology plans, projects, policies and procedures.
- Cal Anderson, Web Services
- Raja Bal, Information Technology
- Dan Bouweraerts, Graphic Arts
- Dallin Crane, Web Services
- Douglas Dawson Jr, Information Technology
- Kat Dow, WebCollege
- Bill Garand, Information Technology
- Tommie Guy, Professional Development
- Raymond Joakimson, Information Technology
- Cheryl Jones, Institutional Research and Information Technology
- Jon Lau, Biology and CHS Department
- Fred Lokken, Business, Political Science, History
- Alyssa Mort, Information Technology
- Chris Quantrell, Information Technology
- Martin Santos, Information Technology
- Izumi Shibasaki, Learning Commons
- Kyle Smith, Automotive Technology
- Amanda Stibick, International Student Services
- Ygnacio Vazquez-Guzman, Information Technology
Meeting Dates and Times
The committee meets from 11 a.m.–Noon in RDMT 214 or via Zoom.
- January 20, 2023
- February 10, 2023
- March 10, 2023
- April 10, 2023