The TMCC Technology Committee acts as a recommending body for the strategic direction and implementation of information technology within Truckee Meadows Community College.
The Technology Committee promotes increased awareness and utilization of various academic and administrative technologies, and explores technologies which enhance student learning, facilitate instruction and strengthen administrative functions.
About the Committee
The Technology Committee strives to identify, prioritize and advocate for technology needs and services within the College. The Committee considers, reviews and recommends technology plans, projects, policies and procedures for final approval by the President's Planning Council.
Additionally, the committee takes a proactive role in promoting the integration of technology into the academic and administrative life of the College. The committee's efforts ensure the College's mission and goals are served through short-term and long-term technology planning.
The Technology Committee provides a unified forum to discuss technology trends, questions, requests, policies, purchases and the effects of such technologies on the various departments of the College.
The committee ensures technology initiatives fit the College's strategic goals through review and recommendation of new as well as existing academic and administrative technology plans, projects, policies and procedures.
Brandy Scarnati, Thomas Dobbert
- Cal Anderson, Web Services
- Lee Anderson, Physical Sciences
- Elena Atanasiu, Foreign Languages
- Steve Bale, Computer Technology
- Laura Briggs, Biology
- Gwen Clancey, Part-time Instructor
- Jeremy Coggin, Automotive Technology
- Edward Corbett, Computer Science
- Miguel Diaz, IT
- Thomas Dobbert, IT
- Bob Fletcher, Social Sciences
- Ricky Genz, IT
- Jennifer Hock, Web Services
- Scott Huber, Biology
- Raymond Joakimson, IT
- Dayna Kaltman, Part-time Instructor
- Jenny Krupka, IT
- Jimmy Lao, Nursing
- Ron Marston, Visual and Performing Arts
- David Misner, IT
- Chris Quantrell, IT
- David Rhodes, IT
- Jimmy Roque, WebCollege
- Brandy Scarnati, Learning Commons
- Paul Seybold, Technical Sciences
- Kyle Smith, Automotive Technology
- Shehara Snow, Mathematics
- Ygnacio Vasquez, Media Services
- John Wilson, IT
- Conrad Wong, Web Services
- Darian Richards, SGA student representative
Meeting Dates and Times
The committee meets every 4th Tuesday of the month from 10–11 a.m. via Zoom Video Conferencing.
Fall 2020 Meeting Dates:
- Sept. 29
- Oct. 27
- Nov. 24