The TMCC Nevada Promise Scholarship is a unique scholarship, established by the Nevada Legislature, for Nevada high school graduates to attend community college.
If you are part of the graduating class of 2022, make sure to apply during the application period (August through October), and keep current on the ongoing application steps.
2021–2022 Student Eligibility
To qualify, students must either be a continuing Nevada Promise Scholarship eligible participant beginning with the class of 2019 or a high school graduate from the class of 2022 applying for the first time.
In addition, students must:
- Be classified as a Nevada resident for tuition purposes by the institution where they plan to receive the Nevada Promise Scholarship.
- Have earned one of the following during your high school senior academic year:
- High school diploma from a public or private high school located in Nevada;
- High school diploma from a public high school in a county of another state that borders Nevada and accepts Nevada residents; or
- General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or equivalent document before 20 years of age no later than June 15.
- A homeschooled student may satisfy this eligibility requirement by obtaining a general equivalency diploma or equivalent document (i.e. GED, HiSET or TASC) no later than June 15.
- Not have earned a prior associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Meet all program deadlines. (Please read the “Steps to Earn TMCC's Nevada Promise Scholarship” section below for a full list.)
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in an associate degree program, a bachelor's degree program or a certificate of achievement program for each semester of the school year immediately following the school year in which the student graduates from high school.
Steps to Earn TMCC's Nevada Promise Scholarship
Each step listed below is mandatory. It cannot be emphasized enough that failure to complete all requirements prior to each deadline will result in loss of scholarship eligibility.
- Complete the Nevada Promise Scholarship Application
Class of 2022, fill out the online Nevada Promise Scholarship Application and submit it before midnight on October 31. Note: The application deadline has passed for the class of 2022. See other scholarship opportunities.
- Complete a Nevada Promise Program Training
You must complete this training no later than March 1.
- Apply for Admission
Complete the TMCC Application for Admission and view important dates and deadlines. If you have questions, contact Admissions and Records.
- Select the upcoming Fall Application for Admission
- Must be degree-seeking to qualify for financial assistance
- Complete a FAFSA
All Nevada Promise Scholarship applicants must file a 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than March 1.
- Available: October 1.
- DACA students are required to complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA
- Students not eligible to complete a FAFSA must complete and submit the Non-FAFSA Filer Declaration no later than March 1.
- Learn About Your Placement Options
New students have many options for placement testing: ACT or SAT scores, a qualifying high school GPA and AP scores. Scores must be less than two years old. You can submit official copies of your ACT and/or SAT scores to the Admissions and Records Office. Recent high school graduates may place using alternate pathways, using their high school coursework to qualify.
- Complete New Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR Part I and II)
Using your TMCC username and password, log in to your WebCollege Canvas account to access New Student Orientation. SOAR is designed around you, helping to uncover answers to the questions you have and introducing you to resources, programs and services.
- Meet with Your Assigned Mentor
You are required to meet with an assigned mentor at least one time no later than June 1. TMCC’s Nevada Promise Office will match you to a mentor and notify you via email after March 1.
- Complete Your Financial Aid File (To-Do List)
Check your Financial Aid To-Do list in your MyTMCC account and submit all required documentation to TMCC's Financial Aid Office no later than June 1. Contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance.
- Complete and Report Community Service Hours
All students must complete and report 8 hours of community service no later than June 1. Visit our community service section for more information.
- Register for Classes
You must register for at least 12 credits that are required for your certificate or degree program at TMCC for Fall no later than July 1. Class registration is completed through MyTMCC using your TMCC username and password. Lastly, go to college! At the end of the year all your hard work will pay off and you’ll attend college debt-free!