The Planning Council (PC) serves as the central coordinating and directive body for the College’s planning efforts. The PC reviews, considers and seeks input from constituencies on proposed institutional bylaw and policy changes; discusses and develops strategies for overall College planning, including prioritization of resource allocation; and promotes communication and distributes information to the College community.
A President’s Advisory Council (PAC) was formed by President Sheehan in 2008 to serve as an advisory and recommending body to the President for issues having College-wide implications.
In 2016, under the leadership of Acting President J. Kyle Dalpe, the President's Advisory Council underwent some revisions to better reflect Truckee Meadow's Community College's mission and core themes. The restructured PAC became the TMCC Planning Council (PC).
Planning Council Charge
- Establish long-term planning priorities for the College
- At regular intervals, conduct and oversee the process of updating the Institutional Strategic Master Plan, Mission Statement, and Core Themes.
- Design and oversee a process to monitor the goals of the other institutional plans.
- Establish yearly planning priorities for the College
- Review internal and external data; College, state, federal, and NSHE initiatives; and planning committee documents from within the College community to make recommendations for yearly institutional priorities based on this input.
- Review and respond to the stated goals of the Board of Regents and the President when formulating the priorities and planning activities of the College.
- Review resource allocation priorities and requests annually.
- Establish and maintain charges and memberships for College planning standing committees and for the PC.
- Oversee a task force structure to accomplish specific planning tasks or input:
- Establish task forces to address specific College projects and needs, including the determination of written charges and general composition of the task forces and determine when appropriate, if a task force should be recommended as a standing committee.
- Monitor and review the work of task forces through status reports from the task force leaders.
- Where appropriate, monitor the implementation of task force recommendations.
Join the TMCC Planning Council Listserv (PLANNINGCOUNCIL-L) to be informed of important initiatives, policies and procedures.
The PC membership represents both constituent groups and functional areas.
- Cate Edlebeck, Instructor, Nursing
- Mike Holmes, Professor, Construction; Faculty Senate Chair
- Anne Flesher, Professor, Mathematics; Faculty Senate Chair Elect
- Cynthia Olivo, NSHE Specialist II, Admissions and Records; Classified Council President
- Ahtziry Vasquez, Student Government Association President
- Dr. Julia Hammett, Professor, Anthropology; Nevada Faculty Alliance Representative
- Gwendolyn Clancy, Instructor, Part Time Faculty Representative
- John Fitzsimmons, Interim Director, Library
- Helen Scott, Administrative Assistant IV, New Student Services; Classified Representative
- Dr. Karin Hilgersom, President; Planning Council Chair
- Dr. Marie Murgolo, Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Jim New, Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Estela Gutierrez, Vice President of Student Services and Diversity
- Elena Bubnova, Associate Vice President of Research, Marketing and Web Services
- Dr. Julie Ellsworth, Dean, Sciences Division
- Amy Williams, Interim Dean, Business Division
- Andrew Hughes, Director, Admissions and Records
- Sharon Wurm, Director, Financial Aid
- YeVonne Allen, Program Manager, Equity and Inclusion
- Brandy Scarnati, Program Director, WebCollege and Academic Support Center
- Thomas Dobbert, Director, Information Technology
- Dr. Melissa Deadmond, Associate Dean of Planning and Assessment
- Dave Roberts, Executive Director, Operations and Capital Planning
- John Albrecht, Legal Counsel
- Dr. J. Kyle Dalpe, Dean, Technical Sciences
- Veronica Fox, Director, Human Resources
- Ana Douglass, Interim Dean, Liberal Arts Division
Standing Sub-Committees and Task Forces
Sub-committees and/or task forces will be formed on an as-needed based on College-wide needs.
Members of the PC will be on each standing sub-committee with broad institutional representation filling out the membership. Standing sub-committees will provide regular status reports to the Planning Council on progress. (Note that charges for each standing committee still need to be designed.)
Planning Council Standing Sub-Committees
- Academic and Student Services Committee
- Accreditation Committee
- Budget Committee
- Enrollment Management Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Facilities Committee
- Safety Committee
- Technology Committee
Planning Council Meetings
The Council meets on Mondays from 9-11 a.m. in RDMT 256 during the academic year.
- September 16, 2019
- October 21, 2019
- November 18, 2019
- December 16, 2019
- February 24, 2020
- March 23, 2020 Note: 9 a.m.–Noon
- April 20, 2020 Note: 9 a.m.–Noon
- May 11, 2020
Process for Submitting Agenda Items
Please contact the President's Executive Assistant, no later than two weeks prior to the meeting date. Please include any reference material or supporting documentation with your request.
- November 5, 2018
- October 15, 2018
- September 18, 2018
- May 7, 2018
- April 30, 2018
- March 26, 2018
- February 20, 2018
- November 20, 2017
- October 23, 2017
- September 18, 2017
- May 8, 2017
- April 10, 2017
- March 13, 2017
- January 30, 2017
- December 15, 2014
- November 17, 2014
- September 15, 2014
- May 12, 2014
- April 14, 2014
- March 10, 2014
- February 10, 2014
- November 25, 2013
- October 21, 2013
- September 16, 2013
- April 15, 2013
- March 11, 2013
- February 11, 2013