The Planning Council (PC) serves as the central coordinating and directive body for the College’s planning efforts. The PC reviews, considers and seeks input from constituencies on proposed institutional bylaw and policy changes; discusses and develops strategies for overall College planning, including prioritization of resource allocation; and promotes communication and distributes information to the College community.
A President’s Advisory Council (PAC) was formed by President Sheehan in 2008 to serve as an advisory and recommending body to the President for issues having College-wide implications.
In 2016, under the leadership of Acting President J. Kyle Dalpe, the President's Advisory Council underwent some revisions to better reflect Truckee Meadow's Community College's mission and core themes. The restructured PAC became the TMCC Planning Council (PC).
Planning Council Charge
- Establish long-term planning priorities for the College
- At regular intervals, conduct and oversee the process of updating the Institutional Strategic Master Plan, Mission Statement, and Core Themes.
- Design and oversee a process to monitor the goals of the other institutional plans.
- Establish yearly planning priorities for the College
- Review internal and external data; College, state, federal, and NSHE initiatives; and planning committee documents from within the College community to make recommendations for yearly institutional priorities based on this input.
- Review and respond to the stated goals of the Board of Regents and the President when formulating the priorities and planning activities of the College.
- Review resource allocation priorities and requests annually.
- Establish and maintain charges and memberships for College planning standing committees and for the PC.
- Oversee a task force structure to accomplish specific planning tasks or input:
- Establish task forces to address specific College projects and needs, including the determination of written charges and general composition of the task forces and determine when appropriate, if a task force should be recommended as a standing committee.
- Monitor and review the work of task forces through status reports from the task force leaders.
- Where appropriate, monitor the implementation of task force recommendations.
Join the TMCC Planning Council Listserv (PLANNINGCOUNCIL-L) to be informed of important initiatives, policies and procedures.
The PC membership represents both constituent groups and functional areas.
- YeVonne Allen, Program Director, Equity and Inclusion; Faculty Senate Chair
- Virginia Irintcheva, Professor, Biology; Faculty Senate Chair Elect
- Julia Bledsoe, Program Officer 1, Assessment and Planning; Classified Council President
- Alyssa Fromelius, Student Government Association President
- Darian Richards, Student Government Association Vice President
- Maggie Dostal, Student Government Association Senator
- Cheryl Cardoza, Professor, English; Nevada Faculty Alliance Representative
- Gwendolyn Clancy, Instructor, Part Time Faculty Representative
- Adine Stormoen, Specialist, Veterans Upward Bound; Diversity Committee Co-Chair
- Hieu Do, Chair, Mathematics
- Kofi Poku, Instructor, Management
- Heather Haddox, Instructor, EPY
- Dr. Karin Hilgersom, President; Planning Council Chair
- Dr. Dana Ryan, Special Assistant to the President
- Dr. Marie Murgolo, Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Jim New, Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Estela Gutierrez, Vice President of Student Services and Diversity
- Elena Bubnova, Associate Vice President of Research, Marketing and Web Services
- Dr. Julie Ellsworth, Dean, Sciences Division
- Dr. Paul Allen, Dean, Liberal Arts Division
- Barbara Walden, Interim Dean, Technical Sciences Division
- Dr. Joan Steinman, Executive Director, Retention Support
- Dr. Tina Ruff, Director, Athletics
- Amy Williams, Dean, Business Division
- Brandy Scarnati, Learning Commons
- Thomas Dobbert, Director, Information Technology
- Dr. Natalie Brown, Director, Advisement and Transfer Center
- Dr. Melissa Deadmond, Associate Dean of Planning and Assessment
- Dr. Ayodele Akinola, Assistant Director, Operations and Capital Planning
- John Albrecht, Legal Counsel
- Kim Studebaker, Interim Director, Human Resources
Standing Sub-Committees and Task Forces
Sub-committees and/or task forces will be formed on an as-needed based on College-wide needs.
Members of the PC will be on each standing sub-committee with broad institutional representation filling out the membership. Standing sub-committees will provide regular status reports to the Planning Council on progress. (Note that charges for each standing committee still need to be designed.)
Planning Council Standing Sub-Committees
- Academic and Student Services Committee
- Accreditation Committee
- Budget Committee
- Enrollment Management Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Facilities Committee
- Safety Committee
- Technology Committee
Planning Council Meetings
The Council meets on Mondays from 9–11 a.m. via ZOOM video conferencing, unless otherwise noted.
- August 31
- September 21
- October 19
- November 16
- December 21
- February 22
- March 15
- April 19 (9 a.m.–Noon)
- May 10 (9 a.m.–Noon)
Process for Submitting Agenda Items
Please contact the President's Executive Assistant, no later than two weeks prior to the meeting date. Please include any reference material or supporting documentation with your request.
- December 16, 2019
- November 18, 2019
- October 21, 2019
- September 16, 2019
- May 6, 2019
- April 8, 2019
- March 11, 2019
- February 19, 2019
- November 5, 2018
- October 15, 2018
- September 18, 2018
- May 7, 2018
- April 30, 2018
- March 26, 2018
- February 20, 2018
- November 20, 2017
- October 23, 2017
- September 18, 2017
- May 8, 2017
- April 10, 2017
- March 13, 2017
- January 30, 2017