If you have never been to TMCC, but have completed credits at another college or university, please follow these steps to enroll.
- Apply for Admission
Complete a TMCC Application for Admission and view important dates and deadlines. If you do not have a high school diploma or high school equivalency (HSE), you must submit official transcripts verifying completion of 6 credits of college-level coursework in order to qualify as a degree-seeking student.
- Apply for Financial Aid
Get help with your college expenses by completing the online FAFSA by these priority deadlines: July 1 for Fall, Dec. 1 for Spring, and April 1 for Summer. TMCC offers many sources of financial aid. In addition to completing your FAFSA, check out these scholarship options and resources. To be eligible for aid, you must be degree seeking and meet eligibility requirements. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Register and Pay for ClassesClass registration and payment are completed through MyTMCC using your TMCC username and password. Check out our payment options for additional resources.
Recommended Steps for Success
- Know Your Username and Password
You will use your TMCC username and password to log in to MyTMCC, Canvas, and your TMCC student email. If you need assistance with your username or password and you know your Student ID number, visit the online self-service tools. If you do not know your Student ID number or would like additional registration assistance, contact New Student Services at 775-673-7111.
- Log On and Get To Know Canvas
Canvas is TMCC’s online student learning management system. New Student Orientation and many of your college professors use Canvas to provide instruction. Need Canvas assistance? Complete the Getting Started with WebCollege tutorial.
Additional Important Information
- Have official transcripts from each college or university attended sent directly to Admissions and Records.
- Complete a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request in order to have your transcripts officially evaluated. This is mandatory for Financial Aid students.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to review your transfer coursework prior to your first semester.
- If you plan to enroll in English or Math, you may need to complete a placement test.
- MyTMCC video tutorials are available.
- If you have any questions, please contact us.