Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, the Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Program is a free educational program for qualified, honorably discharged veterans who need support in preparing for success in their post-secondary education and training.
VUB offers a wide range of services and activities designed to help you locate and maximize your success at TMCC!
- College preparation instruction and tutoring for math and English skills improvement
- Instruction in other subjects: science, foreign languages, computer skills, study skills, and financial literacy
- Preparation and testing for academic placement exams (ACCUPLACER)
- Individualized career assessment and planning
- Application assistance: financial aid, veterans education benefits, Joint Services Transcript
- GED/HiSET assistance
- Advisement and assistance with college admission and enrollment steps
- Access to other resources: study area, computer lab, student coffee lounge
- Referrals to additional college and community resources