Although you and your family have the primary responsibility for financing the costs of education, there is some aid available through Truckee Meadows Community College for those families that can not meet the total costs. This aid is available in the forms of grants, loans, scholarships, student employment or through a combination of these.
- Federal Regulations
- Eligible Academic Courses
- Communication Notification of Financial Aid Requirements
- Courses or Programs Not Paid for by Financial Aid
- Still Have Questions?
Financial aid programs are regulated by federal (Title IV), state and TMCC guidelines. Most of the financial aid guidelines specify eligibility requirements which include, but are not limited to:
- Being a citizen, permanent resident or other eligible non-citizen of the U.S. as documented by Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Having a standard high school diploma or above, a HSE (formerly GED) certificate, or passing a federally-approved test and was enrolled in a degree-seeking program prior to July 1, 2012.
- Demonstrating financial need.
- Be working on a specific degree program, certificate or specific training area (students must have a declared major).
- Maintaining financial aid academic progress.
- Being enrolled in classes.
Note: All types of financial aid begin with an application.