The TMCC Web Services Office is responsible for the design, development, implementation, maintenance and operations of Truckee Meadows Community College's website and web-based information delivery systems.
The purpose of TMCC's website is to provide a medium for access to accurate and timely information regarding the College's mission, its services and programs, its faculty, staff and students, and College-related events. The site provides access to local and global resources for teaching and learning, as well as access to College services.
Major Services We Provide
- Administration and development of TMCC's website and Content Management System (CMS)
- Creating, editing, publishing daily web content
- Custom web page/application coding and implementation
- Online events calendar administration
- HTML enewsletter and survey creation, scheduling and management
- Web graphic creation and online photo optimization
- Faculty and staff training (CMS, PDFs, Google Sites, style guide)
- SEO, Google Analytics reporting and management
- LISTSERV administration
- Website integrity/policy oversight
- Future web development and research
- Expertise in web and usability standards and best practices, HTML, CSS, PHP and responsive design
Standards, Guidelines and Accessibility
TMCC's website has been designed to adhere to best practices, standards and guidelines provided by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Truckee Meadows Community College is also committed to providing an accessible web presence. Read more about this under our Policies and Guidelines.
TMCC's website has been notably recognized by the Web Standards Project (WaSP), National Association of Government Webmasters (NAGW), National Council for Marketing and Public Relations and twice by the Center for Digital Education for achieving excellence in web page design/development, usability and accessibility.