Listed below are some of our more popular Frequently Asked Questions. If you can't find what you are looking for, please use the drop down list above to view FAQs by department or program. Once a topic is selected from the list, you will be taken to that department's FAQ page.
Parking is free and open to the public at all TMCC sites and educational centers. No permits are required.
Windows OS Wireless Network Settings
- Choose "eduroam" from the available wireless networks menu.
- Or choose the option to connect automatically if you like, and your device will automatically connect when it is within range of the TMCC network. Click “Connect”.
- Enter your TMCC Email Address and Password when the dialog box appears. Click “OK” and then “Connect”. You should now be connected to TMCC's wireless network.
Mac OS(x) Wireless Network Settings
- Click on the Wireless Network icon at the top of the screen.
- Choose "eduroam" from the list of available wireless networks.
- Enter your TMCC Email Address and Password and click “Join”.
- If prompted with a Security Certificate, choose Show Certificate and click the arrow next to “Trust”.
- Make sure the option “When using this certificate” is set to “Always Trust” and click Continue. You should now be connected to TMCC's wireless network.
Note: MacBooks running macOS Sierra (10.12.X) and lower will need to upgrade to at least High Sierra (10.13.X). (If your MacBook has at least 4 GB of RAM and 36 GB of free hard drive space it should be able to upgrade to macOS High Sierra.
iPhone or iPad (iOS) Wireless Network Settings
- Open the device’s “Settings” and select Wi-Fi.
- Choose “eduroam” from the list of available networks.
- When prompted, enter your TMCC Email Address and Password and click “Join”.
- A security certificate should appear and depending on your device, select either “Accept” or “Trust”. You should now be connected to TMCC's wireless network.
Android Wireless Network Settings
- Open the device’s “Settings” and choose “WiFi” or “Wireless Networks”.
- Select “eduroam” from the available wireless networks list.
- Find the option labeled “CA Certificate” or “Select CA Certificate” and choose “Do not Check” or “Do not Validate”. (Note: For newer Android devices, if you are not given this option and an option is showing that says “Online Certificate Status”, change that option to “Request Certificate Status” and enter "tmcc.edu" into the “Domain” field).
- Enter your TMCC Email Address and Password into the “Identity” and “Password” fields. Important: Leave “Anonymous Identity” blank. Click “Connect”. You should now be connected to TMCC's wireless network.
Chromebook Wireless Network Settings
- Click on the wireless network icon in the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the "eduroam" wireless network.
- Change the EAP method option to “PEAP”.
- Change the Phase 2 Authentication to “MSCHAPV2”.
- Change the Server CA Certificate option to “Do Not Check”.
- Leave any other settings blank, and enter your TMCC Email Address and Password into the “Identity” and Password boxes. Click “Connect”. You should now be connected to TMCC's wireless network.
If you have any trouble connecting your device, please contact IT Customer Service.
Most email addresses at TMCC consist of the person’s first initial followed by their last name at tmcc.edu (e.g., if your instructor's name is John Smith, the email address will most likely be "firstname.lastname@example.org"). However, this may not always be the case, since some instructors may share a first initial and last name.
This is why we suggest contacting the department. To find the department's contact information:
- Search Academics/Instruction. Every academic and administrative department on TMCC's website has a "Contact Us" page (located in the Section Menu) that lists their location and phone number.
- Search the Academic Divisions and Units on the Vice President of Academic Affairs website, which lists the Chair for each Division and Department and also links to the department's Web page, where available:
If you are unsure which Division your instructor works in, please feel free to contact the Part-Time Faculty Support Center.
The MyTMCC student portal is a "one-stop" gateway for accessing many TMCC applications and tools. Use it to search, register and pay for your classes.
MyTMCC is part of the Nevada statewide iNtegrate project hosted by System Computing Services (SCS), a unit of the Nevada System for Higher Education, and provides TMCC students, faculty and staff personalized access to information and tools in one secure, centralized location.
Through the portal, you have 24/7 access to the following:
- A checklist of "to do" items
- All communications from the College
- Shopping cart style course registration
- Advanced planning tools
To access MyTMCC, visit my.tmcc.edu.
Visit IT's computer labs website for information about hours and guidelines for all TMCC lab locations.
TMCC has four locations and offers classes and workshops at more than 40 sites in Washoe County.
The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) provides bus service to TMCC's Dandini Campus. The Welcome Center in the Red Mountain Building, room 315 has bus schedules, or you can contact RTC directly at 775-348-RIDE.
The RTC sells discounted bus passes to TMCC students. Students are required to have their TMCC ID to purchase passes, as well as to use the passes on RTC buses. You may purchase your TMCC bus pass at the Accounting Services Cashier’s Office.
Admission and Registration
No, a high school diploma or HSE (formerly GED) is not required to attend TMCC, unless you are applying for special admission or wish to declare a degree program.
No, TMCC does not have an admissions application deadline.
We encourage students to apply as early as possible to ensure they can complete the needed Steps to Enroll and get their preferred classes. In addition, we want you to be successful! Research shows students who apply well in advance of the first class meeting have much better success rates.
Please begin by reviewing TMCC's Steps to Enroll. Once you have been admitted to TMCC, you will receive your student ID number, username, and password.
Then, prior to enrolling in classes, you will be asked to complete New Student Orientation (NSO) online.
If you have more questions, please feel free to contact the Admissions and Records Office.
There are three ways to pay for your TMCC classes:
- Log onto MyTMCC and view your Student Center.
- Scroll down to the "Finances" section.
- Under the "Account Summary" box, click on the link "make a payment".
- From there you are able to enter the amount you want to pay. You can choose to pay by credit card or electronic check.
The Accounting Services Cashier's Office accepts payments Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the Dandini campus in the Red Mountain Building, room 318. We accept credit cards (before 4 p.m.), cash, check and money orders.
Payments can be mailed to the TMCC Accounting Services Cashier’s Office (7000 Dandini Blvd., RDMT 318, Reno, Nevada 89512-3999) in the form of check or money order. Make checks payable to "Board of Regents" and include your student ID number on the check.
Transfer and Advisement
Students transferring to TMCC from another college have Steps to Enroll as well but do not need to follow the same requirements as new, degree-seeking students do.
Current students may view and print out unofficial transcripts using MyTMCC (log in to your Student Center).
Official TMCC transcripts can be sent to other NSHE schools free of charge. Complete the online Transcript Request form.
For official transcripts being sent to all other colleges and universities, please go the National Student Clearinghouse. Note: there is a fee associated with this request.
Students must request official transcripts from their previously attended institution to be sent to TMCC Admissions & Records.
In order to have the transcript evaluated, a student must be admitted as a degree or certificate seeking student at TMCC and submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form to Admissions & Records.
Set up your Direct Deposit online:
- Log in to your Student Center in MyTMCC.
- Scroll down to the "Finances" section.
- Click on "Enroll in Direct Deposit" (link is on the left side).
- Click on "Add Account".
- Enter your bank account information (including routing number).
- Once all information is entered and correct, click "Save".
There are several tax programs for TMCC students: the Hope Tax Credit, the Lifetime Learning Tax Credit, Employer-Provided Education Assistance and Student Loan Interest Deductions.
In January you will receive in the mail the IRS 1098-T itemizing tuition paid for the previous year. For more information, contact your tax advisor or visit the Financial Aid Office.
Log in to MyTMCC. Click on "Student Center". You can find your financial aid award by reviewing your award letter in the communication center. You can also find what financial aid documents you are missing by reviewing your MyTMCC "To Do List".
Students who need accommodations must have ADA documentation and make prior arrangements with the Disability Resource Center.
You can obtain a copy of your placement scores by logging in to MyTMCC. Your scores can be found in the "other academic" drop down menu in the Academics Section of the Student Center.
Or, you can visit the ACCUPLACER Student Portal website to view and print your ACCUPLACER score Report.
Lastly, you can visit TMCC Testing Services and pay a $10 transcript fee.
You will need your placement scores in order to register for your new student advisement workshop.
- Admission and Registration
- Transfer and Advisement
- Financial Aid