The Faculty of Color Coalition (FOC) is a subcommittee of the TMCC Diversity Committee. Membership of FOC is voluntary and strives to include campus-wide representation from academic and administrative faculty who self-identify as faculty of color or faculty of color allies.
We seek to foster an environment that supports the voices of faculty of color and creates a greater sense of community and mutual support among the faculty and staff of color through mentoring and networking.
- Provide a forum for exchanging ideas and discussing relevant topics to faculty and staff of color at TMCC.
- Offer faculty of color an opportunity to feel connected, to learn from and help each other.
- Create a support group that will affect the success and retention of faculty of color.
- Further, identify and grow professional development programming addressing the needs unique to the faculty of color at TMCC.
- Support TMCC students through mentorship; Students of Color Mentorship Program.
- Provide recommendations and assistance for TMCC recruitment initiatives.
All meetings will take place in person unless otherwise noted. For meeting dates and locations for 2023 please contact Faculty of Color Coalition.
Our next meeting will be our Friendsgiving Potluck on Nov. 28 from 9–10:30 a.m. in VSTA 104.
John Galicia, Maria Sandra Jimenez
- Ayodeke Akinola, Assistant Director, Facilities Operations and Capital Planning
- YeVonne Allen, Program Director, Equity, Inclusion, and Sustainability
- Nicole Barnes, Financial Aid Coordinator, Financial Aid, Scholarships and Student Employment
- Gabriela Brochu, Chair/Professor, Humanities
- Gabriel Chavez, Professor, Foreign Languages
- Yuli Chavez Camarena, Program Director, Recruitment and Access Center (RAC)
- Vanina Coudriet, Hospitality & Tourism Instructor & Coordinator, Social Sciences and Business
- Melissa Deadmond, Associate Dean, Assessment and Planning
- Felipe Gutierrez De Alba, Veterans Program Coordinator, Admissions and Records
- John Galicia, Lieutenant, University Police Department
- Blisin Hestiyas, Professor, Mathematics
- Andy Hughes, Director, Admissions and Records
- James Kuzhippala, CHS Professor Biology and Community Health Science
- Jonathan Lam, Professor, Mathematics
- Miguel Martinez, Coordinator, Equity, Inclusion, and Sustainability
- Olga Mesina, Specialist, Disability Resource Center
- LaTara Misher, Financial Aid Coordinator, Financial Aid, Scholarships and Student Employment
- Elizabeth Ortiz, Specialist, Career Hub
- Brendan Patin, Pre Admissions Associate, Admissions and Records
- Cynthia Pierrott, Program Director, Adult Basic Education
- Kofi Poku, Professor, Business, History, and Political Science
- Lee Raubolt, Assistant Director, Admissions and Records
- Micaela Rubalcava, Professor of Education, Social Sciences and Business
- Maria Sandra Jimenez, TRIO SSS Director, Vice President of Student Services and Diversity
- Megan Van, Executive Assistant, Vice President of Student Services and Diversity
- Cecilia Vigil, Professor, Biology
FOC Email List
Join TMCC's FOC Email Listserv (FOC-L) and subscribe to receive email communication of
meetings and event details!