The Faculty of Color coalition (FOC) is a subcommittee of the TMCC Diversity Committee. Membership of FOC is voluntary and strives to include campus-wide representation from academic and administrative faculty who self-identify as faculty of color or faculty of color allies.
We seek to foster an environment that supports the voices of faculty of color and creates a greater sense of community and mutual support among the faculty and staff of color through mentoring and networking.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and the discussion of relevant topics to faculty and staff of color at TMCC.
- Offer faculty of color an opportunity to feel connected, to learn from and help each other.
- Create a support group that will affect the success and retention of faculty of color.
- Further, identify and grow professional development programming addressing the needs unique to the faculty of color at TMCC.
- Support TMCC students through mentorship; Students of Color Mentorship Program.
- Provide recommendations and assistance for TMCC recruitment initiatives.
All meetings take place online unless otherwise noted.
- Sept. 8, 2020 at 2–3:30 p.m.
- Oct. 13, 2020 at 2–3:30 p.m.
- Nov. 10, 2020 at 2–3:30 p.m.
- Dec. 8, 2020 at 2–3:30 p.m.
Miguel Martinez, Carlos Castro-Peralta
- Yuli Chavez Camarena, Program Director, Recruitment and Access Center (RAC)
- Precious Hall, Professor of Political Science, Business, History, and Political Science
- Melissa Deadmond, Associate Dean, Assessment and Planning
- Gabriela Brochu, Chair/Professor, Humanities
- Jose Torres-Jasso, Research Analyst, Institutional Research
- Hieu Do, Instructor, Mathematics
- Nayesdi Badillo-Delgado, Jacobs Presidential Scholars Program Coordinator, Recruitment and Access Center (RAC)
- Lee Raubolt, Assistant Director, Admissions and Records
- Micaela Rubalcava, Professor of Education, Social Sciences and Business
- James Kuzhippala, CHS Instructor, Biology and Community Health Science
- Cynthia Pierrott, Program Director, Adult Basic Education
- Cameron Tuttle, Counseling Coordinator, Counseling Center
- Nicole Shimabuku, Coordinator, Student Life and Development
- Jonathan Lam, Instructor, Mathematics
- YeVonne Allen, Program Director, Equity, Inclusion, and Sustainability
- Carlos Castro-Peralta, Recruiter for Adult and Non Traditional Students, Recruitment and Access Center (RAC)
- Kofi Poku, Instructor, Business, History, and Political Science
- Ayodele Akinola, Assistant Director, Facilities Operations and Capital Planning
- Vanina Coudriet, Hospitality & Tourism Instructor & Coordinator, Social Sciences and Business
- Miguel Martinez, Coordinator, Equity, Inclusion, and Sustainability
- Kelley Wong, Program Coordinator, Career Hub
- Ashlyn Moreno, Grants Specialist, TMCC Foundation - Grants Office
- Mari Jimenez-Ortiz, GEAR UP Ambassador Coordinator, Recruitment and Access Center (RAC)
- Andy Hughes, Director, Admissions and Records
- Lisa Farmer, Executive Assistant to the President, Office of the President
- Joshua Shinn, English Professor, English Department