The Faculty of Color Coalition (FOC) is a subcommittee of the TMCC Diversity Committee. Membership of FOC is voluntary and strives to include campus-wide representation from academic and administrative faculty who self-identify as faculty of color or faculty of color allies.
We seek to foster an environment that supports the voices of faculty of color and creates a greater sense of community and mutual support among the faculty and staff of color through mentoring and networking.
- Provide a forum for exchanging ideas and discussing relevant topics to faculty and staff of color at TMCC.
- Offer faculty of color an opportunity to feel connected, to learn from and help each other.
- Create a support group that will affect the success and retention of faculty of color.
- Further, identify and grow professional development programming addressing the needs unique to the faculty of color at TMCC.
- Support TMCC students through mentorship; Students of Color Mentorship Program.
- Provide recommendations and assistance for TMCC recruitment initiatives.
All meetings will take place online via Zoom unless otherwise noted.
Brendan Patin, John Galicia
- Ayodeke Akinola, Assistant Director, Facilities Operations and Capital Planning
- YeVonne Allen, Program Director, Equity, Inclusion, and Sustainability
- Nicole Barnes, Financial Aid Coordinator, Financial Aid, Scholarships and Student Employment
- Gabriela Brochu, Chair/Professor, Humanities
- Carlos Castro Peralta, Adult and Non-Traditional Student Recruiter, Recruitment and Access Center
- Gabriel Chavez, Professor, Foreign Languages
- Yuli Chavez Camarena, Program Director, Recruitment and Access Center (RAC)
- Vanina Coudriet, Hospitality & Tourism Instructor & Coordinator, Social Sciences and Business
- Melissa Deadmond, Associate Dean, Assessment and Planning
- Hieu Do, Professor, Mathematics
- Felipe Gutierrez De Alba, Veterans Program Coordinator, Admissions and Records
- John Galicia, Lieutenant, University Police Department
- Blisin Hestiyas, Professor, Mathematics
- Andy Hughes, Director, Admissions and Records
- James Kuzhippala, CHS Professor Biology and Community Health Science
- Jonathan Lam, Professor, Mathematics
- Miguel Martinez, Coordinator, Equity, Inclusion, and Sustainability
- Olga Mesina, Specialist, Disability Resource Center
- LaTara Misher, Financial Aid Coordinator, Financial Aid, Scholarships and Student Employment
- Elizabeth Ortiz, Specialist, Career Hub
- Brendan Patin, Pre Admissions Associate, Admissions and Records
- Cynthia Pierrott, Program Director, Adult Basic Education
- Kofi Poku, Professor, Business, History, and Political Science
- Lee Raubolt, Assistant Director, Admissions and Records
- Micaela Rubalcava, Professor of Education, Social Sciences and Business
- Maria Sandra Jimenez, TRIO SSS Director, Vice President of Student Services and Diversity
- Megan Van, Executive Assistant, Vice President of Student Services and Diversity
- Cecilia Vigil, Professor, Biology