The Diversity Committee is a standing committee of the Planning Council that supports the development and maintenance of a safe, inclusive, respectful, and welcoming environment for faculty, staff and students where all members of the College community may thrive personally, academically and professionally.
Support the mission, values and goals of the College by assisting in the development of an institutional diversity plan and related strategic initiatives.
- Identify and advocate for matters of diversity, equity, and inclusion at the institutional level.
- Support TMCC in its efforts to capitalize on the educational, economic and civic benefits of diversity.
- Further strengthen the College climate of respect, civility, and mutual appreciation.
- Foster initiatives that help TMCC attain its goals of open access and equal opportunity.
- Providing leadership and centralized support for college-wide diversity related sub-committees.
Membership on the Diversity Committee is voluntary and strives to include campus-wide representation from individuals who have demonstrated a strong commitment to diversity and represents compositional, structural, and functional diversity.
Cross-section of College faculty and staff.
YeVonne Allen, Amber Burroughs, Carlos Castro Peralta, Amy Cavanaugh, Rain Donohue, Julie Ellsworth, Meeghan Gray, Blisin Hestiyas, Andy Hughes, Thomas Kearns, Kerry Kuster, Megan Lahti, Miguel Martinez, Tina May, Brendan Patin, Jon Reddick-Lau, Juana Reynoza-Gomez, Micaela Rubalcava, Adine Stormoen, Sidney Sullivan, Candice Vialpando, Cecilia Vigil, Jennifer Zarco
The following committees are subcommittees of the TMCC Diversity Committee :
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Committee
Chair: Thomas Kearns
- Faculty of Color Coalition
Chairs: Brendan Patin, John Galicia
- Foster Youth Committee
Chair: Annalisa Walker
- Friends and Allies of LGBTQ Committee
Chair: Shea King
- Sustainability Champions Committee
Chair: Cecilia Vigil
Meetings will take place online via Zoom unless otherwise noted. All are welcome to attend.
Join the Diversity Committee Listserv (DIVERSITY-L) for updates.