Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for a/an Co-Editors (Poetry and Prose) for The Meadow literary journal.
This Additional Assignment is contingent upon budget approval.
June 9, 2021
The co-editors are to coordinate activities for the publication of the literary journal.
Scope of Work
This assignment begins July 1, 2021 and ends June 30, 2022; approximately 70 work hours per semester for each co-editor (140 work hours per year).
Responsibilities and Deliverables
The Co-Editors shall work together to:
- Solicit poetry and prose submissions.
- Catalog all incoming submissions from contributors from outside and inside TMCC.
- Notify every contributor of acceptance or rejection.
- Work with Marketing and Communications Office to create a poster to announce reading submissions.
- Recruit students to editorial board.
- Conduct genre meetings to decide on submissions.
- Make contacts to create ad exchanges.
- Update all websites where The Meadow is catalogued.
- Work with Webmaster on TMCC Meadow web pages.
- Update The Meadow’s listing in The International Directory of Little Magazines and Small Presses.
- Send out magazine through the mail to contributors and for review.
- Distribute magazine on campus, Reno/Sparks community and other communities.
- Manage budget appropriately and work dean on budget related matters.
- Format, edit, and organize submissions into an electronic file.
- Create the new issue electronically to give to printer as a PDF.
- Review the printer proof and make necessary changes before publication.
- Work with a printer for publication of each issue.
- Manage old editions for archival and redistribution.
At the end of each semester, the co-editors will provide a written report that details the semester’s progress and activities on each job duty to the department chair and dean.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Extensive publishing record in nationally recognized literary magazines with previous editorial experience and knowledge of the national literary magazine market.
- Current TMCC faculty with literary experience.
- Must have graduate level coursework in English or Creative Writing.
Stipend: two credits of reassigned time per year or monetary equivalent for each of the 2 co-editors (total 4 per year).
English Department Chair.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing qualifications and background information as relevant to the responsibilities outlined above and a current CV. The letter should be addressed to the Liberal Arts Dean and must be received in that office by 5 p.m. on Monday, June 24, 2021.
The Liberal Arts Dean will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before June 25, 2021.