Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for a HVAC Curriculum Developer.
Nov. 30, 2021
The HVAC faculty member that will develop curriculum for AC 206 (Commercial HVAC Systems 3) as supervised by the Director of Technical Sciences.
Scope of Work
This is an assignment requiring additional work days/hours outside regular contract days, including times as needed during Fall to fulfill said duties. This assignment will begin Dec. 7 and will end Jan. 21, 2022. The position will entail approximately 100 hours of work. This additional assignment is not automatically renewed annually.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Develop course content, assignments, quizzes, assessment, lab exercises etc. that align with Program and Course Learning Outcomes. Coordinate complimentary curriculum content with Canvas.
- Review and select textbook or learning resource options for new courses.
- Recommend equipment needed to adequately provide instruction and assessments.
- Incorporate course objectives and student learning outcomes for said course and submit for CRC review and approval as needed.
- Review information with department faculty and staff, as well as industry partners.
- Other duties agreed to with the Director and/or Dean.
The ideal candidates for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Current TMCC HVAC instructor.
- One-year full-time teaching experience in HVAC or combination of experience and teaching.
- Have experience with curriculum development.
- Be familiar with building commissioning.
3 credit stipend compensated at $850/credit for an amount not to exceed $2,550.
This position reports to the Director of Applied Technologies.
At the end of said assignment, the developer will provide a written report that details progress and activities to the Director and Division Dean.
Interested faculty, not affected by a buyout, will submit a letter of interest describing qualifications and background information as relevant to the responsibilities outlined above. The letter should be addressed to the Director of Applied Technologies and must be received in that office by 5 p.m. on Dec. 15, 2021.
The Director of Applied Technologies will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before Dec. 15, 2021.