Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible academic and administrative faculty that a need exists for an Emissions Workshop Coordinator.
April 23, 2019
The coordinator oversees the non-credit training program for state-certified emissions technicians.
Scope of Work
This assignment will begin July 1, 2019 and conclude on June 30, 2020. The coordinator will spend no less than 45 hours per semester administering the following responsibilities and deliverables.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
The Emissions Workshop Coordinator will:
- Maintain and update emissions workshop curriculum for all 1-G Inspector’s License Training, 2-G Inspector’s License Training, and 2-G Inspector’s Recertification workshops in compliance with state standards.
- Schedule 1-G Inspector's License Training once per month, schedule 2-G New Inspector's License Training once per semester, and schedule 2-G Inspector's Recertification workshops twice per semester.
- Order and control books and other materials.
- Contact and administer students for workshops.
- Appropriate, train, and mentor instructors for workshops.
- Work with DMV emissions lab inspectors to ensure compliance with rules and regulations, implement required updates.
- Maintain emissions training equipment.
- Maintain emissions workshop and student records.
- At least two years full-time teaching experience in a Transportation Technologies discipline
- Current ASE master-level certification
- Previous teaching experience in emissions workshops.
Three credit release per semester (can be taken as a stipend).
This position reports to the Director of Applied Technologies.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing special qualifications and background information no later than 5 p.m. on June 27, 2019. The letter should be addressed to the Director of Applied Technologies. Note: administrative faculty must include a documented plan for separation of the additional assignment work from regular work time.
The Director of Applied Industrial Technologies will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before June 28, 2019.