Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for a Criminal Justice Coordinator.
June 18, 2021
The coordinator will assist the Dean and Director of Technical Sciences with support as related to the Criminal Justice Program.
Scope of Work
This is an assignment requiring additional work days/hours outside regular contract days, including times as needed during the summer months to fulfill duties. The assignment will begin Aug. 1, 2021 and conclude on June 30, 2022; approximately 210 work hours/year. This additional assignment is not automatically renewed annually.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Assist with the recruitment, onboarding, oversight, and mentoring of part-time instructors for CRJ courses.
- Assist the Dean/Director in conducting part-time observations.
- Coordinate textbook and other ancillary material selection and orders for the program courses.
- Contribute to academic schedule development for CRJ program.
- Oversee scheduling and completion of program assessment activities as scheduled (CARs, PUR, mapping, etc.)
- Assist in resolving student issues and complaints (including approval of course substitutions).
- Attend meetings, as needed, related to department functions and concerns.
- Other duties as agreed to with the dean or director.
The ideal candidates for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Current TMCC instructor in Criminal Justice.
- One-year full-time teaching experience or combination of experience and teaching.
Three credit release per semester (total 6 per year); can be taken as a stipend.
State account, department Chair allocation.
This position reports to the Dean of Technical Sciences.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing special qualifications and background information no later than 5 p.m. on July 9, 2021. The letter should be addressed to the Dean of Technical Sciences.
The Dean of Technical Sciences will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before July 12, 2021.