Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for a Corequisite Math 26 Support Coordinator.
July 22, 2021
Scope of Work
This position will serve the 2021–2022 academic year. The assignment will cover 172 contract days of the academic year. The position requires 2 hours/week on-campus work for the academic year during contract days, or in addition to any regularly scheduled office hours for the Fall and Spring semester. The coordinator shall also be responsive to emails on a regular basis during contract days. This additional assignment is not automatically renewed annually.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Develop and lead, in coordination with the department chair, onboarding and training of Math 26 part-time faculty.
- Schedule and lead the Community of Practice faculty sessions and Professional Development of Math 26 instructor.
- Maintain records of meetings and attendance.
- Handle logistics and issues related to Math 26 curriculum and online platforms for part-time faculty.
- Act as liaison between math support instructors and gateway faculty.
- Work with department chair to coordinate assessment activities of support courses.
- Maintain Math 26 Canvas shells for department.
- Write and submit semester reports on activities, any survey results, and overall assessment of Math 26 support.
- Other duties agreed to with department chair and/or dean.
- Current TMCC Full-time Math Faculty
- Math 20 teaching experience
- Math 126 teaching experience
- Be familiar with the Math Department and its implementation of Corequisite support for Math 126
- Have knowledge of outcomes and assessment of Math 26 and Math 126
- Proven communication skills
- Proven skills in course development using Canvas
This is a “B” contract position stipend only per the academic year supported with NV Energy Funds to support full Corequisite Implementation. Stipend of $3500 for the academic year.
Chair of the Math Department
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing special qualifications and background information no later than 5 p.m. on August 6, 2021.
The letter should be addressed to Anne Flesher, Math and Physical Sciences Dean. NOTE: Administrative faculty must include a documented plan for separation of the additional assignment work from regular work time.
The Dean will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before August 9.