Web Services is committed to staying current with today's rapidly changing standards for design, while maintaining usability and accessibility.
Some of TMCC's website features include:
- Responsive Mobile-friendly Design for a flexible, fluid and better user experience that works well on larger desktops as well as smaller tablets and smart phones.
- Clean Look and Feel with consistent TMCC branding and color scheme.
- Expandable Accordion-style Vertical Menus for department navigation (that degrade gracefully).
- Enhanced Site-wide "Mega Menus" for streamlined global navigation.
- Carousel-style Rotating Images and headlines for homepage.
- Current/modern Coding Techniques with heavy usage of CSS 3.0 with some HTML 5 elements (site will be fully HTML 5 ready as that technology progresses).
- Better tie-ins with Social Media and cloud-based sharing sites, as well as Google Translate for Spanish speaking audiences.
- 100% Valid Standards-based Code, meeting section 508 accessibility guidelines, etc. and more!
- Improved and Clean content, which offers better readability and SEO.
- New Responsive Images and Photographs.
Tell us what you think about TMCC's website and send some feedback!
History of TMCC's Website
TMCC's web presence was established in 1998. Since its inception, there have been six major redesigns and/or re-alignment periods. Collaboration partners include the Marketing and Communications Office, the Web Advisory Committee, departmental web content contributors and you—the site visitors.
The Web Services team, in conjunction with the aforementioned contributors, continues to refine the TMCC website, expanding content and making revisions based on visitor feedback, research, analysis and best practices in the ever-evolving area of web development.
In 2019, Web Services completed a redesign of tmcc.edu. The updated site design was created to work within the framework of a new Content Management System (CMS), which was implemented and released simultaneously.
In 2015, Web Services released a responsive, mobile-friendly retrofit, enhancing the existing templates and user-friendly design of tmcc.edu.
Information in Alternative Formats
Some information on the College's website is provided in Portable Document Format (PDF) and requires the free Adobe Reader ® to view. Information delivered in PDF is typically followed by this icon adjacent to the hyperlink linking text to a PDF file in reference.
External/3rd-Party Links Disclaimer
Links to external websites and/or non-TMCC information provided on college pages or returned from college web search engines are provided as a courtesy. They should not be considered as an endorsement by TMCC of the content or views of the linked materials. TMCC is not responsible for the privacy practices, activities, or content of such independent sites. The materials on such independent sites are the opinion of the specified author(s) and are not statements of advice, opinion, support or information of TMCC.