- Article I: Truckee Meadows Community College Bylaws
- Article II: Statement of Purpose
- Article III: Organization of the College
- Article IV: Personnel Policies
- Section A: Appointing Authority
- Section B: Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Section C: Appointment of Administrators
- Section D: Recruitment for Administrative Positions
- Section E: Appointment of Academic Faculty
- Section F: Tenure
- Section G: Professional Salary Schedule Administration
- Section H: Reassignment of Administrators
- Section I: Evaluations
- Section J: Merit Awards
- Section K: Unsatisfactory Evaluation Review
- Section L: Personnel Documents
- Section M: Grievances
Article I: Truckee Meadows Community College Bylaws
Section A: Authorization and Scope of Bylaws
The following Bylaws of Truckee Meadows Community College have been authored in conformance with the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Board of Regents Handbook Title 2, Chapter 1, Section 1.3.4 to set forth organizational structure and personnel policies. Should these Bylaws conflict with the Board of Regents Handbook, the Board of Regents Handbook shall prevail.
Section B: Amendment of the Bylaws
Two procedures are provided for proposing an amendment to these Bylaws:
- An amendment may be proposed by any of the following constituent bodies authorized by these Bylaws: President’s Cabinet, Faculty Senate, Classified Council, or Student Government Association. Whenever any one constituent body proposes an amendment, all other constituent bodies shall have the opportunity to review the amendment and make recommendations concerning its adoption or rejection.
- The President of TMCC may propose an amendment. Whenever the President proposes an amendment, all constituent bodies shall have the opportunity to review the amendment and make recommendations concerning its adoption or rejection. A proposed amendment must be submitted in writing to all constituent groups and the President sixty (60) calendar days prior to its presentation to the Chancellor of NSHE. The President may poll the faculty or other constituent groups for their recommendation on any proposed amendment. The adoption, amendment, or repeal of institutional bylaws requires the recommendation of the President and approval of the Chancellor.
Section C: Interpretation of the Bylaws
The President of TMCC is the final authority with respect to interpretation of the Institutional Bylaws.