The Student Government Association (SGA) offers limited financial support to SGA club members attending professional conferences. This is meant to supplement existing club funding. Funding is provided to help cover expenses related to conferences, lectures, seminars or other club-related field trips that contribute to the enhancement of their club.
SGA Club Travel Awards may not be applied to organizational membership fees.
Eligible SGA club members may request funding for up to $500 per member during each academic year. No funding is available from July 1–September 1.
- The club must be currently recognized and in good standing with the SGA (not currently on probation).
- Club members applying for a travel award must possess a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater.
- Club members applying for the award must be enrolled in at least six credits at TMCC.
The SGA may provide funding for the following expenditures:
The SGA will not provide funding for Meal Costs (Per-Diem).
Travel Award Program Instructions
Step 1: Review and follow all TMCC travel policies and procedures.
Step 2 (at least 30 business days before travel): The club must complete the Off-Campus Event Request form. Only one form is required per club traveling.
Step 3 (at least 15 business days before travel): Complete the RSO Travel Award Application.
Travel award applications must contain the following items per club member traveling (where applicable):
- Lodging cost support documentation.
- Transportation cost support documentation.
- Registration support documentation.
- Letter of recommendation from club advisor stating why it is important for each club member to attend.
- The entire trip cost (even though the SGA will only award up to $500).
All of the requested documentation must be attached to the online application; otherwise, it may be automatically rejected.
After the application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the SGA Finance Committee chair or designee, and the Student Life and Development coordinator or designee. If the request is complete, it will be added to the next scheduled SGA Finance Committee meeting agenda in compliance with Nevada Open Meeting Law.
Following the meeting, the SGA Finance Committee chair will contact the club via email regarding the status of their application.
Award Appeal (within ten business days of receiving the notification letter)
If a travel award is not approved and a club member wants to file an appeal, the member may complete the SGA Finance and Travel Request Appeal Process.