Bylaws of the Student Government Association General Assembly of Truckee Meadows Community College
Approved April 11, 2018
- Article I. Name
- Article II. Mission Statement
- Article III. Governing Documents
- Article IV. General Assembly Composition
- Article V. Responsibilities
- Article VI. Compensation
- Article VII. SGA Committees
- Article VIII. General Assembly Meetings
- Article IX. Elections and Vacancies
- Article X. Probation, Impeachment and Appeal Procedures
- Article XI. Powers of the General Assembly
- Article XII. Amendments to Bylaws
These bylaws of the Student Government Association (SGA) General Assembly of Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) are binding to all members within the General Assembly, except in cases where they conflict with the General Assembly Constitution (SGA Constitution), in which case the SGA Constitution shall control.
Article I. Name
The name of this organization shall be the Student Government Association (SGA) General Assembly of TMCC, hereinafter referred to as the General Assembly.
Article II. Mission Statement
The SGA General Assembly seeks to enhance student life through programming, policy, and advocacy in order to reflect the best interests of the student body at TMCC. We serve as the liaison between students and administration to ensure effective collaboration and communication in order to provide responsive, inclusive, and transparent leadership.
Article III. Governing Documents
The governing documents of the SGA General Assembly shall be:
- Constitution of the SGA General Assembly of Truckee Meadows Community College (SGA Constitution).
- Bylaws of the SGA General Assembly of Truckee Meadows Community College (SGA Bylaws).
- SGA Operations Manual
- SGA Policies and Procedures