Constitution of the Student Government Association General Assembly of Truckee Meadows Community College
We, the student representatives of Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), in order to advance the quality of education for students, promote student interests, and serve as informed advocates of student concerns to TMCC bodies, state agencies and public officials, do ordain and establish this constitution of the Student Government Association General Assembly of TMCC.
The Student Government Association General Assembly, in exercising authority granted by this constitution, shall conform to all rules, regulations, policies, and statutes as established by TMCC, the Board of Regents, and the State of Nevada. If any of the provisions of this constitution are deemed to be in conflict with any of the rules, regulations, policies and statutes of TMCC, the Board of Regents, or the State of Nevada, the TMCC, Board of Regents and State of Nevada rules, regulations, policies and statutes shall supersede.
Article I. Name
The name of this organization shall be the Student Government Association (SGA) General Assembly of TMCC, hereinafter referred to as the General Assembly.
Article II. Objectives
The objective of the General Assembly is to serve the TMCC student body by:
- Serving as the official voice of the student body of TMCC.
- Participating in shared governance through providing recommendations to TMCC leadership and the Nevada System of Higher Education.
- Representing the student voice in TMCC policy development and implementation.
- Providing student representation on TMCC committees.
- Assessing student opinions and needs as deemed necessary and proper.
- Encouraging student involvement at TMCC and within the community.
Article III. General Assembly Membership
Section 1. Membership
The General Assembly shall be composed of voting and non-voting members.
- Executive officers shall be students elected by the TMCC student body to the positions of president and vice-president.
- Senators shall be students elected by the TMCC student body to the position of senator.
- The SGA advisor shall be an administrative faculty member.
Section 2. Membership Requirements
Voting General Assembly members must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain enrollment in a minimum of six credits at TMCC per semester.
- Maintain a minimum 2.25 cumulative grade point average.