Do you wonder what makes humans different from other species? Are you curious about human origins? Are you fascinated by human behavior and how it can impact current societies? If these questions are on your mind, then Anthropology may be the right degree choice for you!
Anthropology is the scientific study of humans, human behavior and societies in the past and present. This field is generally broken down into subfields. Social anthropology studies patterns of behavior and cultural anthropology studies cultural meaning, including norms and values. Linguistic anthropology studies how language influences social life. Biological or physical anthropology studies the biological development of humans. Archaeology studies past human activity through investigation of physical evidence.
Why Choose Anthropology at TMCC?
TMCC’s Anthropology major offers several key advantages:
- Anthropological studies at TMCC are designed as a university-transferable degree, accepted at the University of Nevada, Reno as well as most four-year schools in the nation.
- TMCC Associates program allows students to gain practical knowledge to enter the workforce at an entry level.
- Most courses are offered both in-person and online so that you can choose the options that best support your learning style and schedule.
- TMCC’s entire Anthropology degree can be completed online if you prefer the flexibility of this format.
- TMCC’s small class sizes give you the optimal opportunity to learn and discuss the material and get the personalized help you need to be successful in college.
- Our Anthropology faculty will mentor you and/or partner with you to do research, projects and more to gain valuable experience and build your resume. They will work with you to find rewarding internship and field school opportunities. They can even connect you to opportunities to go on digs!
- You can participate in TMCC’s Anthropology Club which will connect you to other students majoring in Anthropology as well as to professionals in the field.