Get hands-on experience in Early Childhood Education (ECE) at TMCC! The ECE Program offers several pathways that accommodate student schedules and professional goals. Students can earn stackable Skills Certificates as well as Associate of Arts (AA) and Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees in several areas of specialization including work with infants and toddlers, preschool-age children and administration of early childhood programs.
If you have an interest in working with young children and want to become a high-quality and effective early childhood educator, the TMCC ECE program is for you.
Why Choose Early Childhood Education at TMCC?
Our students include individuals already working in the field of early childhood education, those who are completing pre-professional training before joining the workforce, as well as those taking courses to meet the continuing education hours required by Nevada childcare regulations.
Additional advantages of the TMCC ECE Program include the following:
- Our program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Our national accreditation ensures students are prepared to meet the high standards of the Early Childhood Education field.
- Most courses are available in traditional classroom format and online so that you can choose the option that works best for your schedule.
- Our high-quality faculty have expertise and experience in multiple aspects of early care and education.
- We offer small class sizes, which allow you to get the time and attention you need to succeed.
- TMCC's Child Care Center, accredited by the National Accreditation Commission (NAC), is located on campus and offers excellent opportunity for observation, field experience, and practicum.
- You can choose from a variety of degree, certificate, and course options.
- The state of Nevada supports students studying early childhood education through scholarships in the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Nevada Program.
- Transfer to 4-year programs. Students who complete an AA in ECE can transfer to UNR or GBC as first-year juniors without losing credit hours or time.