If you find yourself constantly perusing CNN, or if current events often pique your interest, you might consider studying Political Science. Government is an instrument designed to promote justice and serve the common good but the people and philosophies that drive our governments can have a profound impact on how well those purposes are fulfilled. Political science is an excellent major for you if you are interested in learning how groups of people govern themselves, how public policy is made, and how citizens can improve government policies at the local, state, national and international levels.
Why Choose Political Science at TMCC?
TMCC’s Political Science major offers several key advantages:
- Our Associate of Arts degree is designed to seamlessly to transfer to UNR. You will complete your lower-division courses at TMCC and then transfer to UNR to complete a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.
- All required courses can be completed online if you prefer the flexibility of online learning.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in a government internship if you wish to do so.
- Small classes give you an opportunity to form deep relationships with your professors and fellow students.
- You will develop writing and research skills while gaining a better understanding of political ideologies and theories.
- With a Political Science degree from TMCC, you will gain critical skills to be a more constructive citizen.