Have you chosen to pursue higher education? You can be the first in your family to graduate from college!
About the Program
- TMCC's Success First program goal is to increase college readiness, persistence, retention and graduation rates of first-time, full-time, first-generation students.
- Success First also uses a Summer Bridge program to give students a jump start to college, helping them gain information about science, technology, math and engineering, growing career fields and academic/motivational support during their first year at TMCC.
Ready to Apply?
Applying is easy! After you review the eligibility requirements, simply complete an online application.
Success First Eligibility
- First generation (neither parent/guardian has earned a bachelor's degree).
- Make sure TMCC receives your test scores (ACT/SAT/ACCUPLACER scores).
- Complete 2022–23 FAFSA and demonstrate financial need. Applications must be complete and processed by TMCC's Financial Aid Office.
Program Admission Requirements
- Apply to the College and be admitted for Summer or Fall 2022.
- Complete the Success First Program Application.
- Complete the 2022–23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applications must be complete and processed.
- Submit high school transcripts or ACT/SAT/ACCUPLACER scores.
- Attend mandatory program orientation in June.
TMCC's Success First Program is a first-year college program designed to help first-time college students achieve academic and personal success. Accepted participants must complete the following requirements:
- Attend a 6-week Summer program (Monday–Thursday, June 27–Aug. 4, 2022). Attendance is mandatory.
- Enroll in required English and Math classes until English and Math degree requirements are satisfied.
- Enroll full-time at TMCC.
- Meet twice per semester with a Success Coach to review academic progress.
- Complete academic advising each semester.
Participants will have a registration hold on their MyTMCC account for their first academic year. Success Coaches will help each student navigate the process and requirements for hold removal.
- Income-qualified students will earn an $800 award ($400 in the Fall, $400 in the Spring) for successful completion of program requirements.
- Free college classes, books, tutors and lunch during Summer Bridge.
- Assigned a Success Coach during the first year at TMCC to review progress and gain support.
- Priority registration during the first academic year.
|College Math Course||9–11 a.m.|
|Supplemental Instruction||11 a.m.–Noon|
|College Success Course||1–3 p.m.|
Information for Parents
Parents, did you know over 90% of Success First participants from 2020 persisted to their second semester? We believe the multiple services and support provided will make a positive impact on your child's life. Participating in Success First offers your child the opportunity to be successful.
Encourage your student to apply.
Questions? Please contact us.