Have you chosen to pursue higher education? You can be the first in your family to graduate from college!
About the Program
- TMCC's Success First program goal is to increase college readiness, persistence, retention and graduation rates of first-time, full-time, first-generation students.
- Success First also uses a Summer Bridge program to give students a jump start to college, helping them gain information about science, technology, math and engineering, growing career fields and academic/motivational support during their first year at TMCC.
Ready to Apply?
Applying is easy! After you review the eligibility requirements, simply complete an online application. Summer 2021 applications open on November 1, 2020.
Success First Eligibility
- First generation (neither parent/guardian has earned a bachelor's degree).
- Make sure TMCC receives your test scores (ACT/SAT/ACCUPLACER scores).
- Complete 2021–22 FAFSA and demonstrate financial need. Applications must be complete and processed by TMCC's Financial Aid Office.
Program Admission Requirements
- Apply to the College and be admitted for Summer or Fall 2021.
- Complete the Success First Program Application. Applications open on November 1.
- Complete the 2021–22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applications must be complete and processed.
- Submit high school transcripts or ACT/SAT/ACCUPLACER scores.
- Attend mandatory program orientation in June.
TMCC's Success First Program is a first-year college program designed to help first-time college students achieve academic and personal success. Accepted participants must complete the following requirements:
- Attend a 6-week Summer program (Monday–Thursday, July 6–Aug. 12, 2021). Attendance is mandatory.
- Enroll in required English and Math classes until English and Math degree requirements are satisfied.
- Enroll full-time at TMCC.
- Meet twice per semester with a Success Coach to review academic progress.
- Complete academic advising each semester.
Participants will have a registration hold on their MyTMCC account for their first academic year. Success Coaches will help each student navigate the process and requirements for hold removal.
- Income-qualified students will earn an $800 award ($400 in the Fall, $400 in the Spring) for successful completion of program requirements.
- Free college classes, books, tutors and lunch during Summer Bridge.
- Assigned a Success Coach during the first year at TMCC to review progress and gain support.
- Priority registration during the first academic year.
|College Math Course||9–11 a.m.|
|Supplemental Instruction||11 a.m.–Noon|
|College Success Course||1–3 p.m.|
Information for Parents
Parents, did you know over 85% of Success First participants from 2019 persisted to their second semester? We believe the multiple services and support provided will make a positive impact on your child's life. Participating in Success First offers your child the opportunity to be successful.
Encourage your student to apply starting November 1.
Questions? Please contact us.