Financial Aid for Transfer Students

Graduation Cap on Hundred Dollar Bills Image

If you have already completed a FAFSA for the current year, you do not have to complete a new FAFSA if you are transferring during the same academic year. You do, however, have a few important tasks to complete.

Information about how to continue to receive financial aid when transferring from one college or university to another can be found through the links below:

Consortium Agreement with other Nevada System of Higher Education Institutions

If you will be taking at least six credits at TMCC along with classes at another Nevada System of Higher Education Institution during the same term, TMCC's consortium enrollment agreement may allow you to receive aid from TMCC for all of your credits. Federal regulations do not allow you to receive federal financial aid from two schools at the same time. You must choose a "home" institution (please note that you need to check with the other institution to determine if they have reciprocal consortium agreement with TMCC).

To participate in our concurrent enrollment program, follow these steps:

  1. Complete your File at TMCC
    The first step is to complete your financial aid file at TMCC. You should aim to complete your file by our priority deadlines of December 1 for Spring and July 1 for Fall.
  2. Register for Classes
    You must enroll in at least six credits at TMCC along with the classes you plan to take at the other institution, which is your host institution. Please note that financial aid does not pay for continuing education classes.
  3. Submit Your Receipt
    You must pay for your classes out of pocket at your host institution. Once you bring in your receipt showing payment to our office, we will increase your aid at TMCC to account for the classes you have paid for at your host institution.
  4. Complete the TMCC Financial Aid Consortium Agreement
    You can stop by our office and request a consortium agreement form. Once you have completed the packet and have all the required signatures you may turn the form into our office. During peak processing times some delays may occur depending on the workload at the host institution.
  5. Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
    To continue to receive financial aid at TMCC, you must complete all credits (at TMCC and the host institution) in accordance with TMCC's satisfactory academic progress policies. Once grades are posted at the host institution, please provide a copy to TMCC's Financial Aid Office.