Ever wish you knew more about how to manage your money and budget for success? Financial Literacy and Money Education by Students (FLAMES) is here to help!
Through ongoing workshops and events, the FLAMES student mentors offer plenty of financial literacy programs that will get you on the road to financial freedom.
FLAMES services are available to all TMCC students as well as TMCC employees free of charge.
FLAMES can help you with:
- Simple Budgeting
- Understanding Credit
- Banking Basics
- Credit Cards
- Fraud Prevention
- FAFSA Applications
- Student Loans
- One-on-One Mentoring
- How to Pay for College
- Developing Financial Security
First Time Borrowers Student Loan Checklist
- Complete your TMCC financial aid file:
- Complete your master promissory note and entrance counseling at StudentLoans.gov.
- Print out initial page displayed on National Student Loan Database System after you sign in at NSLDS with your FSA ID.
- Complete the Student Loan Request Form
- Complete the in-person student loan entrance counseling by contacting FLAMES.
The FLAMES program is an educational service only. We do not provide legal or tax advice. The information provided is for general educational purposes only, and is not intended to substitute for the advice of your legal and/or tax advisor. If you need legal and/or tax advice, please consult with one of these professionals.