We acknowledge that Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) is situated on the traditional homelands of the Numu (Northern Paiute), Wašiw (Washoe), Newe (Western Shoshone), and Nuwu (Southern Paiute) peoples. These lands have been a place of gathering for Indigenous Peoples and we honor the original caretakers. We recognize their deep connections to these places and extend our appreciation for the opportunity to live and learn in this space.
Native American Student Advocate
The TMCC Native American Student Advocate (NASA) is located on the Dandini campus in the Recruitment and Access Center Office, RDMT 315 and provides support and resources that empower and encourage the TMCC Native American student population. NASA's goals include increased retention, outreach and event representation that benefit and honor Native American students.
NSHE Native American Fee Waiver
For students who meet eligibility requirements, this waiver will cover registration, laboratory and other fees that are unpaid by federal educational benefits such as the Federal Pell Grant (FAFSA). The waiver is available online or in the Recruitment and Access Center Office, RDMT 315. Once the application is filled out with its supporting documents, it can be turned in to the Admissions and Records office for processing.
- Admitted to an NSHE institution.
- Be a resident of Nevada for not less than one year.
- Show proof of membership or proof of descendancy of an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe or nation all or part of which is located in the State of Nevada.
- Enrolled in a program leading to a certificate, associate, bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, or professional degree.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Have earned a minimum 2.0 semester GPA during the immediately prior fall/spring semester or summer term at the institution for which the waiver is being requested (for returning students).