Access to physical locations is limited; masks are required. Most Fall Semester classes have been moved online. More information is available at


Financial Aid Assistance for DACA and Undocumented Students

Undocumented students are students who are not U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, or "eligible noncitizens".

These students—commonly known as "Dreamers"—may apply for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) per presidential order of June 2012, which allows certain eligible undocumented young people who came to the U.S. as children to request deferred action and temporary relief from deportation.

This allows young people to continue into higher education or go directly into the workforce with a work permit they attain while in or after high school.

If you are a DACA student attending school, you are not eligible for federal financial aid in the form of Pell Grants or federal student loans. Federal financial aid policies require recipients to be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens. While DACA permits you to live legally in the U.S., you are not considered an eligible non-citizen.

However, here at TMCC we encourage the application and enrollment of DACA students and undocumented students who are academically excellent and accomplished in extracurricular activities. You may be eligible for different forms of non-federal aid! Note that some awards are on a first-come, first-serve basis, and funding may be limited.

For more information, please contact the TMCC Coordinator for Scholarships & Outreach.

Forms of Non-Federal Aid DACA Students Undocumented Students
In-state tuition


The Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship Citizenship Affadavit Required per NRS 396.930 Section 5
The Adelante Grant Yes Yes
TMCC Foundation General Scholarships Yes Yes
External Scholarships Yes Yes
The Silver State Opportunity Grant
(must complete the FAFSA)
Yes No
Student Employment
DACA students interested in student employment must have a social security card and may contact the U.S. Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 or in person at 1170 Harvard Way in Reno.
Yes No


Local Support

Other Helpful Websites