The following housing options are available to students at TMCC:
Disclaimer: Housing information is offered solely for the convenience of students. TMCC is not responsible or liable for the services offered by the various outside entities.
There are numerous apartment complexes that provide a variety of living options. Most are conveniently located along bus lines, shopping and offer amenities like free cable/Internet, free parking and access to a study lounge. We do not recommend signing a lease or paying any fees before seeing the place in person and understanding the terms and policies. Therefore, you should search for apartments/rentals after you arrive.
Identity Reno: Across from the University of Reno (UNR) campus and within reasonable transportation from TMCC, Identity Reno’s focus is catering to the academic community, so you can expect to be in a student hub while still enjoying the comfort of your own home.
Wolf Run Village: Across from the University of Reno (UNR) campus and within reasonable transportation from TMCC, Wolf Run Village is a gated community of family-owned and operated townhomes featuring private bedrooms and bathrooms. Convenient leases to meet student needs.
The Republic: Located only a block from the University of Reno (UNR) campus and within reasonable transportation from TMCC, The Republic offers various floor plans and amenities, including a clubhouse, game room, fitness center, a swimming pool, just to name a few.
The following are popular websites for searching local apartment/housing listing.
Be aware of scams and avoid rentals if:
- The rent cost seems significantly lower than other apartments in the same area.
- The “landlord” or manager cannot meet you in person and/or you are unable to see the apartment in person
- You are asked to wire transfer money or send money via Western Union, Money Gram or other wire transfer services; usually, rental fees and deposits are expected to be paid by check or money order.
- The “landlord” or manager seems too pushy or trying to persuade you to sign a contract without showing the apartment unit.
Hotels in the Reno Area
Hotels offer the option to explore the area before moving into permanent housing. Here’s a listing of some of the hotels located within reasonable distance from our campus. We recommend viewing their websites to check on rates and availability. Staying at a casino hotel might be less costly, but a hotel like Whitney Peak offers a more relaxed environment. The choice is yours.
Whitney Peak Hotel
255 N. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89501
Plaza On the River
121 West Street, Reno, NV 89501
Eldorado Resort Casino
345 N. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89501
Silver Legacy Resort Casino
407 N. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89501
Short-Stay Lodging in Local Homes
If you prefer a home setting or a bed & breakfast for your visiting family or yourself before moving into permanent housing, try searching one of these sites.
Additional Housing Resources
- Furniture Rental Packages by CORT – Instead of buying new furniture, rent only what you need at an affordable price. To make it even more convenient, CORT will deliver and pick up from your new home.
- Reno International House – Share life together in a multi-cultural home. Practice English and make friends with international students from around the world.