The TMCC Steps to Enroll for International Students were developed to support your success at TMCC. If you're an international student, please follow these steps.
- Complete the International Application for Admission
Choose an approved international degree program and complete the Application for Admission for International Students. Submission instructions are included on the form.
- Obtain a Photocopy of Your Passport
Submit with your application form: photocopy page(s) of your passport showing your name, date of birth, passport number and expiration date.
- Obtain Your Original Financial Documents
Submit with your application form: financial documents showing the equivalent of a minimum of $23,271 in U.S. dollars (USD) for the 2019-20 academic year. View all international student expenses.
- Arrange for Your Transcripts to Be Sent to TMCC
We require your official high school, college or university transcripts showing your date of graduation. Your transcripts must be mailed directly from the issuing institution to TMCC's Admissions and Records Office, with an official English translation. To be considered official, they must be received by TMCC in sealed school envelopes, contain the proper signatures, date and institutional seals.
- Complete the English Requirement and Submit Official Test Results
Students coming from the following English-speaking countries are exempt from the English language testing requirements: Australia, The Bahamas, British Guyana, Canada except for Quebec, Grenada, India, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, Nigeria, Singapore, St. Vincent, Trinidad & Tobago, and The United Kingdom.
Any ONE of the following satisfies this requirement:
- Recommendation for academic study from Intensive English Language Center (IELC) at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- International TOEFL score of at least 61 (iBT) or 500 (PBT). Institution code: 4960.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS; must be the academic version) with an equivalency score of 6.
- Completion of English 113 or English 101 (or equivalent) at a U.S. college or university.
- Passing scores in the reading and writing sections of the U.S. high school proficiency examinations.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) score of 440 or higher on the Critical Reading (formerly Verbal) section. College Board Code: 1096.
- American College Testing (ACT) score of 18 or higher. College Code: 2499.
- Pearson Test (PTE) score of 51 or higher.
- Submit Dependent Documents (if applicable)
If your spouse or unmarried children under the age of 21 will accompany you to TMCC, you must complete the dependent section of the International Application for Admission Form, and include a photocopy of dependent(s) passport(s) showing name, date of birth, passport number and expiration date.
- Submit Official College or University Transcripts (optional)
College or university transcripts are not required for admission to TMCC; they are only necessary if you request transfer credit for individual classes. Transcripts of academic classes taken in the U.S. are strongly recommended; transcripts for classes taken outside the U.S. may be useful. Contact us for more information. Note: all transcripts must be mailed directly from the issuing institution to TMCC. They must be received in sealed school envelopes, contain the proper signatures, date and institutional seals to be considered official. Include an official English translation, if applicable.
- Additional Documentation Requirements for F-1 Students Transferring from a U.S. School
Photocopies of the following current documents should be included with your application form:
- I-20 from current school, and all previous I-20s
- F-1 Visa
- I-94 (small white card stapled in passport or electronic I-94 information)
- SEVIS fee receipt (I-797C, Notice of Action), optional
- If you have dependents: include copies of their documents and I-20s
- TMCC Transfer Verification Form (complete and sign Section 1 and have your current international advisor complete Section 2, then fax it directly to 775-673-7028, or email it to email@example.com)
- Transcripts of academic classes taken in the U.S., if applicable (Transcripts must be mailed directly from the issuing institution to TMCC. They must be received in sealed school envelopes, contain the proper signatures, date and institutional seals to be considered official.)