Important: All sites will be closed Friday, Dec. 15 at 5 p.m. through Tuesday, Dec. 19. Also, the TMCC network and many systems will be offline including Canvas, Gmail, MyTMCC, Workday, and all applications that require access via TMCC network single sign-on (including the Admissions Application). See our Network Shutdown Information page.


Services We Provide

The Facilities Operations and Capital Planning Department is responsible for the planning, construction, renovation, maintenance, repair and operation of buildings, facilities, utility systems, and grounds for all Truckee Meadows Community College sites. The department is also responsible for the capital improvement programs.

Some College auxiliary enterprises and other components maintain separate arrangements for some or all of their maintenance and repair; however, the Facilities Operations and Capital Planning Department is responsible for assurance that all maintenance, repair, construction, renovation or alteration to College facilities and installed equipment and systems is in accordance with all applicable codes, ordinances and statutes.

All work shall be compatible with College systems and conform to College standards and policies. All outside work needs to be approved by the director of Facilities Operations and Capital Planning or designee.

Regardless of the source of funds or methods used to accomplish such work, the Facilities Operations and Capital Planning Department staff shall be consulted to review or develop plans and specifications and provide field supervision. This will be accomplished by departmental staff or by contracts with outside consultants.

Connections to Utility Systems

All connections to College utility systems, both inside and outside of buildings, must be done by the Facilities Operations and Capital Planning Office or contractors working under their direction. Because of the safety hazards involved and possible damage to systems, this policy applies to all electric, heating, air conditioning, vacuum, air, water, sewer, gas, control and communication systems.