All space at Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) belongs to the College and is allocated by the College for its highest and best needs in service to TMCC. Space will be allocated to best ensure occupants have the physical environment best suited to their role in the organization and to the benefit of TMCC.
Procedures: TMCC Facilities Operations and Capital Planning
Originating source: Space Allocation Task Force
- Facilities Operations and Capital Planning Procedures Campus Development Procedures
- Facilities Operations and Capital Planning Procedures Moving Procedures
- TMCC Facility Improvements Policy and Procedures
Responsible office: TMCC Facilities Operations and Capital Planning
TMCC Policy: 5006
Updated: March 30, 2012
This procedure applies to all TMCC building occupants including but not limited to: academic faculty, administrative faculty, classified employees, student employees, vendors' employees, consultants, and personnel from outside agencies. This procedure regulates the process for authorization for space allocation related to all occupants of TMCC property and is applicable to all College owned, leased, or controlled properties.
All space at Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) belongs to the College and is allocated by the College to serve in the best interest of TMCC. If found to be in conflict with the provisions of this policy are superseded by relevant bargaining unit agreements.
The objectives of this procedure are as follows:
- Ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities of personnel involved in the approval process.
- Ensure space allocation and reallocation levels fit within the limitations of TMCC's resources.
- Ensure space allocation is fully justified and supports TMCC's mission and vision.
- Ensure reasonable timelines for space allocation.
- Ensure the space allocation procedure is easy to understand.
- Ensure the procedures make allowance for reasonable exceptions.
- Ensure the procedures are viable and will be implemented.