The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Office exists to help keep you and the TMCC community safe at our educational sites.
We work with all departments to ensure your health and safety needs are addressed while also meeting required federal guidelines.
EHS projects include areas of health and wellness and risk management, and we actively practice programs to ensure that we are prepared for any emergency in these areas.
The TMCC EHS Office is responsible for the development, implementation, compliance monitoring, and administration of the EHS management system and associated programs and for ensuring adherence by all levels of faculty, staff, and administration within the guidelines promulgated under:
- Federal statute (OSHA, EPA);
- State law (NVOSHA/Division of Industrial Relations, Nevada Division of Environmental Protection);
- Local ordinance (Washoe Co. Health Department Division of Air Quality, City of Reno Environmental Control);
- Nevada System of Higher Education;
- And other applicable supplemental references (International Fire Code, National Fire Protection Association).