Toner Cartridge Recycling
Mail Services will pick up your empty ink and toner cartridges and distribute them to the appropriate recycling service. If you are on a regular mail stop, please leave your toner cartridges bagged and boxed for pickup with your outgoing mail. If you want to request a pickup, please contact Mail Services. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 775-674-7054.
Other Recycling at TMCC
TMCC recycles all office paper, magazines, newsprint, cardboard, aluminum cans, plastic and glass bottles and print cartridges. Cardboard, with plastic or styrofoam removed, should be stacked outside office doors for pick up. Mixed office paper should be placed into office bins.
Pick-ups may be requested via a Facilities Operations and Capital Planning work order.
Aluminum cans and plastic and glass bottles are accepted in marked receptacles located in the Red Mountain, Sierra and Vista Buildings on the Dandini Campus, and the Meadowood and Applied Tech sites.
Please empty contents of bottles and cans before depositing into receptacles.
TMCC Office Recyclables
- Computer paper
- White paper: bond, copier, typing
- Colored paper: bond, copier, typing
- Envelopes: white, colored, including windows
- Fax paper: carbonless paper
- Paper ream wrappers
- Coated papers: slick, glossy
- Pamphlets, brochures
- Brown craft envelopes/folders
- Carbon paper
- Waxed papers
- Trash: paper plates, cups, napkins, etc.
- Cardboard: remove and trash all packing material (styrofoam, peanuts, plastic wrap, etc.) before placing it in the hall for pick up or taking to the cardboard baler.
Note: Non-recyclables contaminate the entire bin.
For more detailed recycling information, please visit Waste Management Recycling 101.