Toner Cartridge Recycling
Please submit a work request to have custodial pick up your empty ink and toner cartages. We will then transport them to a company in Reno called Cartridge World. If you have any questions or concerns please call us at 775-673-7100.
Other Recycling at TMCC
TMCC recycles all office paper, magazines, newsprint, cardboard, aluminum cans, plastic and glass bottles and print cartridges. Cardboard, with plastic or styrofoam removed, should be stacked outside office doors for pick up. Mixed office paper should be placed into office bins.
Pick-ups may be requested via a Facilities Operations and Capital Planning work order.
Aluminum cans and plastic and glass bottles are accepted in marked receptacles located in the Red Mountain, Sierra and Vista Buildings on the Dandini Campus, and the Meadowood and Applied Tech sites.
Please empty contents of bottles and cans before depositing into receptacles.
Recycling bins are located in each building of all sites. To request a pick-up, please call Rapid Refill at 775-852-4446.
TMCC Office Recyclables
- Computer paper
- White paper - bond, copier, typing
- Colored paper - bond, copier, typing
- Envelopes - white, colored, including windows
- Fax paper - carbonless paper
- Paper ream wrappers
- Coated papers - slick, glossy
- Pamphlets, brochures
- Brown craft envelopes/folders
- News papers
Unacceptable Items (in office recycling bins):
- Carbon paper
- Waxed papers
- Trash - paper plates, cups, napkins, etc.
- Cardboard - remove and trash all packing material (Styrofoam, peanuts, plastic wrap, etc.) before placing in the hall for pick up or taking to cardboard baler.
Please Note: Non-recyclables contaminate the entire bin.