Empowering students to achieve educational, professional, and personal goals.
Changing lives by delivering responsive adult education programs and services to enable adult learners to be literate, productive, and successful in the workplace, home, and community.
Truckee Meadows Community College Adult Basic Education is rooted in these guiding principles as we strive to achieve our vision and mission. We believe that both our ABE team and our students must be led by these values as outlined below:
- The ABE Team will provide education, resources, motivation, unconditional acceptance and guidance in a safe and caring environment.
- The Students will believe in their own ability to achieve their goals, champion fellow classmates and take pride in being part of the ABE family.
- The ABE Team will be accountable for delivering effective, responsive and innovative adult education, in a positive learning environment and ensuring access for all who desire to learn.
- The Students will pledge to make their education a priority, attend and actively participate in class and persevere through challenges.
- The ABE Team will embrace diversity and individuality recognizing every adult's inherent ability to learn.
- The Students will value all classmates and instructor as a vital part of the classroom community treating each person with kindness and encouragement.
- The ABE Team will be honest and responsible, being good stewards of resources in order to build trust of our students and community.
- The Students will be accountable for taking the necessary steps to achieve their educational goals.