An overview of the key steps in the spend authorization and expense report processes are summarized below, with each step linked to detailed explanations of required procedures. Each traveler is accountable for understanding and following these procedures.
- Travel Process Steps
- Spend Authorization Procedures
- Online Travel Booking Tool Option (SWABIZ)
- Travel Advances
- Lodging and Per Diem Overview
- Method of Travel Overview
- Expense Report Reimbursement Procedure
- Athletics Travel
- International Travel
- Team or Group Travel (Non-Athletic)
- Guest Speaker, Independent Contractor or Accreditation Travel
- Combining College Business and Personal Travel
Travel Process Steps
Step 1. Submit a Spend Authorization in Workday
More information is available in Workday:
- Sign in to Workday
- Go to the NSHE Workday Training module/worklet (the blue circle with the question mark)
- Click on the NSHE Workday Training Quicklink item
- Type "Expenses" in the search bar
- Scroll down and click on the "Create Spend Authorization" document
Visit GSA's website to locate appropriate lodging and per diem rates (see: Lodging and Per Diem).
Choose the least expensive method of travel.
If mileage reimbursement is the only expense, proceed to creating an expense report.