Steps for International Admission
Carefully follow the Steps to Enroll for International Students.
Application Processing Time
Our normal processing time for I-20 applications is two weeks from the time we receive your complete application packet, including the completed and signed International Application for Admission Form, application fee, and all required supporting documents.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) offers admission in both Spring and Fall Semesters. Application, payment and supporting documents are due by the following deadlines:
|Type of Visa Applicant||Spring Admission Deadline||Fall Admission Deadline|
|First-time F-1 Visa applicant||November 1||July 1|
|Already on an F-1 Visa
and transferring from a U.S. school
|November 15||July 31|
TMCC Partner Universities and Transfer Agreements
TMCC has established partnerships with several universities that guarantee admission for international students who transfer from TMCC after earning their associate degree and/or meeting specific admission criteria.
Find out more about international transfer agreements »
International Student Expenses
Each international student choosing to study at TMCC on an F-1 visa is required to provide proof of finances in order to receive an I-20, the certificate of eligibility for the F-1 visa. To request an I-20 from TMCC, complete an International Application for Admission and submit financial documents showing the equivalent of a minimum of $23,000 in U.S. dollars (USD) for the 2021-22 academic year.
- All financial documentation must be less than three months old and the amount should be readily available for withdrawal.
- Bank statements must show total amount available, bank account holder’s name and date. They may be in any currency.
- If you are providing financial support documents from a private sponsor (e.g., family members, friends, etc.), have your financial sponsor complete and sign the Sponsor Confirmation of Support section of the International Application for Admission Form.
- More than one sponsor is acceptable and each sponsor must provide financial documentation and complete the Sponsor Confirmation of Support section of the International Application for Admission Form.
- If your dependents (spouse or unmarried children under the age of 21) will accompany you, you also have to show financial support for them as follows: $7,000 for your spouse and $3,000 for each child.
- Note: TMCC does not have financial aid for international students.