|Type of Visa Applicant||Spring Admission Deadline||Fall Admission Deadline|
|First-time F-1 Visa applicant||November 1||July 1|
|Already on an F-1 Visa
and transferring from a U.S. school
|November 15||July 31|
This application is for students seeking admission to TMCC as an F-1 international student. If you are currently in the U.S. on a visa that allows for study and you are not interested in changing your status to F-1, do not complete this application form. You may instead complete the standard TMCC application for admission.
A Form I-20 or “Certificate of Eligibility” is required by the U.S. Department of State as part of an F-1 visa application. It is issued by a U.S. government-approved educational institution like TMCC to certify that a student has been admitted to a full-time academic program and has demonstrated sufficient financial resources for the duration of their stay in the United States. The information you provide in this application will be reflected on your TMCC I-20, which you will use to apply for your F-1 visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
Prior to Completing the Application
- Review our Steps to Enroll.
- Choose your degree program from our list of approved degrees and certificates for F-1 international students.
- Have the following documents available:
- Proof of English Requirement (e.g. test scores)
- Transcripts from high school
- Transcripts from college, if applicable
- Financial documentation (e.g. bank statement)
- Passport information for dependent spouse or child(ren), if applicable
Online Application Instructions
- You will be alerted of any required fields that were not completed prior to submitting the form.
- Your application is not complete until you select “Submit Now.”
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email confirmation, along with a copy of the information you submitted.
Our processing time is 10 business days from the day we receive a complete application and the additional required documents listed below.
The $25 non-refundable application fee is payable in person during check-in days, when all F-1 students are required to report their arrival at TMCC.