Who Qualifies for a Nevada Promise Scholarship Renewal?
To qualify for a Nevada Promise Scholarship renewal, you must:
- Be a member of the graduating class of 2018 or 2019 and be in good standing with all initial 2017-2018 or 2019–2020 scholarship eligibility requirements.
- Meet all program requirements and deadlines.
- Enrolled in at least 12 eligible semester credit hours in an associate degree program, a bachelor's degree program or a certificate of achievement program at TMCC for each Fall and Spring Semester.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by TMCC's Financial Aid Office.
And you must not:
- Have earned a prior associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Be in default on any federal student loans.
- Owe a refund to any federal student aid program.
As a friendly reminder, the Nevada Promise Scholarship is a last dollar scholarship and will only cover remaining eligible fees after gift aid has been applied. Gift aid, in this case, is defined as the federal Pell Grant, federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, Silver State Opportunity Grant or Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship.
Please note for 2019–2020 final dates/deadlines may not be available until September or October.
Required Steps for Scholarship Renewal
Note: failure to complete a step by the deadline will result in scholarship eligibility loss.
- Fall Semester: Enrolled in 12 eligible credits.
- Attend a Nevada Promise Welcome Day.
- Complete a Nevada Promise Scholarship Renewal Application.
By 11:59 p.m. on October 31.
- Spring Semester: Enroll for 12 eligible credits.
- FAFSA: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Financial Aid: Confirm your financial aid eligibility.
Check your Financial Aid To-Do list in your MyTMCC account and submit all required documentation to TMCC's Financial Aid Office by TBA. Contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress at TMCC.
- Meet With Your Mentor: Meet with your mentor.
- Community Service: complete and report community service hours no later than TBA.
- Register for classes.
You must register for at least 12 credits that are required for your certificate or degree program at TMCC for Fall. Class registration is completed through MyTMCC using your TMCC username and password.
How Will You Be Contacted?
Staff from the Nevada Promise Scholarship Office will contact you via email with important reminders. Please check your TMCC email and the email you provided on your application on a regular basis. Also, make sure your contact information is always current and up to date in your MyTMCC account.
Other Requirements for First-year Full-time TMCC Students
- Fall Semester: Attend the first-year, On-Track To Graduate advising workshop.
- Spring Semester: Meet with an academic advisor in person.
Note: you will not be able to register for Fall 2019 classes until you meet with an academic advisor at TMCC.