Who Qualifies for a Nevada Promise Scholarship Renewal?
To qualify for a Nevada Promise Scholarship renewal, you must:
- Meet all 2022-2023 eligibility requirements. Students who failed to meet any 2022-2023 eligibility requirements are not eligible for renewal.
- Meet all program requirements and deadlines.
- Enroll in at least 12 eligible semester credit hours in an associate degree program, a bachelor's degree program or a certificate of achievement program at TMCC for each Fall and Spring Semester unless you are scheduled to graduate and have notified the Nevada Promise Scholarship Office via email.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by TMCC's Financial Aid Office.
And you must not:
- Have earned a prior associate or bachelor’s degree.
As a friendly reminder, the Nevada Promise Scholarship is a last-dollar scholarship and will only cover the remaining eligible fees after gift aid has been applied. Gift aid, in this case, is defined as the federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, Silver State Opportunity Grant or Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship.
Required Steps for Scholarship Renewal
Note: Failure to complete a step by the deadline will result in loss of scholarship eligibility.
- Fall Semester: Enroll in 12 eligible credits.
- Spring Semester: Enroll for 12 eligible credits.
- FAFSA: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1. Note: The FAFSA application will be available in late December 2023.
- Financial Aid: Complete your Financial Aid File (To-Do List).
Check your Financial Aid To-Do list in your MyTMCC account and submit all required documentation to TMCC's Financial Aid Office no later than July 1. Contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress at TMCC.
- Meet With Your Mentor: Meet with your mentor each semester.
Fall Semester Deadline: January 1; Spring Semester Deadline: July 1
- Community Service: complete and report 8 community service hours each semester.
Fall Semester Deadline: January 1; Spring Semester Deadline: May 1
How Will You Be Contacted?
Staff from the Nevada Promise Scholarship Office will contact you via email and/or text message with important reminders. Please check your TMCC email and the email you provided on your application on a regular basis. Also, make sure your contact information is always current and up-to-date in your MyTMCC account.
Other Requirements for First-year Full-time TMCC Students
- Fall Semester: Complete a first-year, On-Track to Graduate advising workshop.
- Spring Semester: Meet with an academic advisor in person.