The library is an important part of the TMCC Community. The library provides high-quality academic research resources to students and faculty. This Instruction Plan is intended to give librarians guidance in strengthening our library instruction program and in building our students information literacy skills.
Goals of the Instruction Program
- To prepare students for life in an information-based society, and give them the tools to effectively evaluate and use information;
- To assist students in learning and applying critical thinking skills in school and in life;
- To educate TMCC faculty about the range of materials and services the library can provide to help enhance teaching and learning at the college.
Purpose of the Library Instruction Plan
The purpose of the Plan is to guide librarians in improving library instruction, specifically through the following:
- Provide guidance to librarians as we improve our understanding of information literacy and how to make information literacy a more central part of our instruction program;
- Set priorities for the program;
- Provide a list of resources for the support and development of librarians as teachers.