Journals and Newspapers
- ABI/Inform Global: Full text of thousands of business journals, including essential scholarly journals and important trade journals. Also included are The Wall Street Journal and The Economist. For search help, refer to the detailed User Guide.
- EBSCO: Multiple subject-specific databases with thousands of full-text peer-reviewed journals and general interest magazines. [Search Tips]
- ERIC: Huge database of full-text education articles, lesson plans and other materials for K-12 teachers and administrators. No password required. [Search Tips]
- The Gale Access Collection: Full text of journals covering business, health, nursing, technology, humanities, social sciences and the sciences. Use Power Search to search all of our Gale databases simultaneously. [Search Tips]
- HeinOnline: Provides access to articles about case law, criminal justice, and political science and serves as citator database. Includes Fastcase Premium and U.S. State Package (Nevada).
- JSTOR: An interdisciplinary archive of thousands of peer-reviewed journals in the arts, humanities, and social sciences. [Search Tips]
- New York Times: Get access to high-quality reporting, editorials, breaking news and business coverage. You will need to create an account to get into the site.
- Open Access Journals from Elsevier: Dozens of open access journals covering the engineering, medical and scientific fields of study. Many are indexed in the searchable Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
- Public Library of Science (PLoS): A non-profit organization of scientists committed to making the world's scientific and medical literature freely accessible to scientists and to the public around the world. No password required.
Life Sciences Resources
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition: The most highly rated peer-reviewed, primary research journal in nutrition and dietetics and publishes the latest research on topics in nutrition, such as obesity, vitamins and minerals, nutrition and disease, and energy metabolism.
- CINAHL plus (EBSCO): A robust collection of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 770 journals indexed in CINAHL®.
- Dental & Oral Sciences Source (EBSCO): Covers all facets relating to the areas of dentistry including dental public health, endodontics, facial pain and surgery, odontology, oral and maxillofacial pathology/surgery/radiology, orthodontology, pediatric dentistry, periodontology, and prosthodontics.
- Health Source Consumer (EBSCO): A collection of consumer health information available to libraries worldwide, providing information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health. Health Source: Consumer Edition provides access to nearly 80 full text, consumer health magazines.
- HealthSource Nursing (EBSCO): Provides nearly 550 scholarly full-text journals focusing on many medical disciplines; also features the AHFS Consumer Medication Information, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Premier source for the practice and science of food, nutrition, and dietetics. The Journal focuses on advancing professional knowledge across the range of research and practice issues such as: nutritional science, medical nutrition therapy, public health nutrition, food science and biotechnology, and dietetics education.
- Medline Plus: Contains a medical encyclopedia, a drug database, a medical dictionary, a disease database, and surgery videos. No password required.
- PubMed: Indexes thousands of medical and dental journals, with full-text for many. No password required.