- Copyright in the Classroom
Check here for information about using material in your classroom for which the library does not hold copyright permissions.
- Electronic Reserves
We can make excerpts of material for your courses available to your students online. Please note that in order to comply with educational fair use copyright law, the material to be digitized must be owned either by you or by the library. For more information, contact Izumi Shibasaki.
- Interlibrary Loan Request
The purpose of this form is for TMCC faculty, staff and students to request books or magazine articles not owned by any of the TMCC libraries.
- Reserve Material for a Course
This form enables an instructor to place material on reserve in the library for use by students in their class. The material may belong to the library or to the instructor and will made available to students according to the information indicated by the instructor on the form.
- Reserve Video(s) for a Course
This form enables an instructor to place a hold on a video owned by the library that he or she wishes to show during a particular class period, ensuring that it will be available and not checked out to another person during that time.
Instructors can help students develop research skills by bringing their classes in for instruction. These sessions may include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstration and hands-on use of the library's electronic and/or print resources.
- Discussion and demonstration of library resources targeted at specific disciplines.
- An overview of the library's physical layout and general research resources.
To schedule a library instruction session, please contact us.
Other Services for Faculty
- Creation of customized library assignments.
- Development of Library Research Guides for a class, topic or specific assignment. See existing Library Research Guides for examples.
- Librarians can be "imbedded" in online classes to provide research support to online students.
- Don't see the book or materials you are looking for? You can complete the Library Purchase Request to request books or library materials not owned by any of the TMCC libraries.
To learn more about these services, please contact us.
Librarian Liaisons for Academic Departments
Academic area liaison responsibilities listed below, by division/department. Find our contact information on the Library's Faculty/Staff web page.
Business and Social Sciences
- Adult Basic Education: Maggie Eirenschmalz
- Anthropology: John Fitzsimmons
- Business: John Fitzsimmons
- Child Care Center: Sherry McGee
- Culinary Arts: John Fitzsimmons
- Early Childhood Education: Sherry McGee
- Educational Leadership (EPY): John Fitzsimmons
- History: Maggie Eirenschmalz
- Political Science: John Fitzsimmons
- Psychology: John Fitzsimmons
- Sociology: Maggie Eirenschmalz or John Fitzsimmons
- Workforce Development: Maggie Eirenschmalz or John Fitzsimmons
- English: Neil Siegel or Maggie Eirenschmalz
- Humanities: Maggie Eirenschmalz
- Visual and Performing Arts: Maggie Eirenschmalz
Life Sciences, Allied Health & Public Safety
- Biology and Community Health: Sherry McGee
- Certified Nursing Assistant: Sherry McGee
- Dental Assisting: Sherry McGee
- Dental Hygiene: Sherry McGee
- Dietetic Technician: Sherry McGee
- Nursing: Sherry McGee
- Public Safety: Sherry McGee (except Emergency Management: John Fitzsimmons)
- Radiologic Technology: Sherry McGee
- Veterinary Technician: Sherry McGee
Math & Physical Sciences
- Math: Sherry McGee
- Physical Sciences: Sherry McGee
- Applied Technologies: John Fitzsimmons
- Computer Technologies: John Fitzsimmons
- Criminal Justice: John Fitzsimmons
- Paralegal/Law: John Fitzsimmons