Active part-time teaching faculty members are eligible to receive a loyalty incentive bonus upon accumulating adequate points as outlined below. This benefit is intended to reward loyal service to the College and encourage continuity.
Active Letter of Appointment (LOA) part-time faculty teaching credit-generating courses at Truckee Meadows Community College.
- Minimum of 10 terms of LOA teaching service. A term is defined by a teaching assignment of at least 1 credit in either Fall, Spring (including Wintermester) or Summer beginning Fall 2010.
- Individuals who go between academic faculty and LOA status will be eligible if they are currently only a LOA. Their scores will be based on their teaching service during the terms they were on a LOA contract.
- Breaks in service of 12 terms or more nullifies accumulated points and part-time faculty has to restart calculation of point values from date of rehire.
Each individual will accumulate points based on teaching assignments for credit-generating and certain Adult Basic Education (ABE) courses.
- Credit Courses: 1 point will be earned for each term, section, and credit taught based on Peoplesoft as the official system of record.
- Part-time faculty who teach ABE courses in addition to credit courses during an academic term may earn incentive points for the ABE instruction: 1 point will be earned for each session, class, and every 20 hours of scheduled instruction.
- Incentive bonuses will be paid at the following thresholds:
- 100 pts $750
- 200 pts $1,500
- 300 pts $2,500
- 400 pts $3,500
- 600 pts $4,000
- Incentives will be paid at the conclusion of the semester in which the threshold is met (Fall or Spring).
- The incentive is considered compensation and will be subject to all applicable taxes.
- Individuals who are TMCC administrative faculty, academic faculty or classified staff are not eligible.
- Excludes independent study, internship, drop-in, open-lab, apprenticeship sections.
- Cross-listed sections will only be counted as one section.
- The ABE department will submit points semi-annually to the Institutional Research office.
- The Institutional Research office will maintain records and produce a list of individuals qualifying for the incentive to Human Resources.
- Human Resource office will process the payment and notify recipients.
- Appeals may be requested through the Human Resource Office.
Note: This program is subject to change without advance notification and is not guaranteed as part of an employment contract.