English/ESL Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to English/ESL's most commonly asked questions.

FAQ Questions


If you would like assistance, please start by contacting the College ESL Program. Alternatively, complete a college application. Then, take a free ACCUPLACER test that determines the best placement for your level of English.

Yes. TMCC's 112-level courses and advanced-level courses are coordinated with programs at UNR and UNLV. Six of the credits earned in the 112- courses and all of the credits earned in the advanced courses are eligible for transfer to these institutions or to other schools. Credits earned in the other ESL courses may also be transferable, depending on the particular institution's policies.