If your native language is not English, our program can help you succeed in college and at work.
Are you looking to pursue a degree? Depending on the level in which you are initially placed, you may begin earning credit toward a degree in your first term. You will receive high quality instruction designed to meet your language interests and goals.
TMCC offers courses in many different levels and skill areas, including: listening/speaking, reading, writing/grammar and vocabulary/spelling.
Who Should Take College ESL Classes?
Students whose goals are in any or all of the following areas:
- To strengthen their English language skills
- To better understand the American academic environment
- To develop good study skills
- To build knowledge in various academic or vocational subject areas
- To earn vocational certification
- To pursue a college or university degree (AA, AS, BA, BS)
- To practice English in interaction with students from many countries
For more information, please contact us.
For non-credit ESL classes, visit Adult Basic Education's English Language Learner community program.
College-Level ESL Courses Offered
See the current TMCC Class Schedule for class dates/times and availability.
Level III (Advanced Academic Level)
- ENG 113: Composition I for Non-native Speakers
- ENG 114: Composition II for Non-native Speakers
Level III (Advanced Level)
- COM 113: Fundamentals of Speech
- READ 135: College Reading Strategies
- ENG 181: Vocabulary and Meaning