You Are an Important Part of Our Community and College.
TMCC Values include:
- Student access and success
- Excellence in teaching and learning
- Evidence of student progress through assessment of student outcomes
- Nurturing a climate of innovative and creative thought
- Collaborative decision making
- Community development through partnerships and services
- Ethical practices and integrity
- Respect, compassion and equality for all persons
- Responsible and sustainable use of resources
- Fostering attitudes that exemplify responsible participation in a democratic society
- A healthy environment and a healthy college community
As the TMCC Community, we affirm our commitment to efforts to sustain a diverse, inclusive learning environment.
Adapted from CAS Statement of Shared Ethical Principles
We take RESPONSIBILITY for our actions and both support and empower an individual's and group's freedom of choice.
- We promote positive change in individuals and in society through education.
- We foster an environment where people feel empowered to make decisions.
- We hold ourselves and others accountable.
We PLEDGE to do no harm.
- We create environments that are educational and supportive of the growth and development of the whole person.
- We exercise role responsibilities in a manner that respects the rights and property of others without exploiting or abusing power.
We ENGAGE in altruistic attitudes and actions that promote goodness and contribute to the health and welfare of others.
- We treat others courteously.
- We consider the thoughts and feelings of others.
- We work toward positive and beneficial outcomes.
We actively promote human DIGNITY and endorse equality and fairness for everyone.
- We treat others with respect and fairness, preserving their dignity, honoring their differences, promoting their welfare.
- We recognize diversity and embrace a cross-cultural approach in support of the worth, dignity, potential and uniqueness of people within their social and cultural contexts.
- We extend fundamental fairness to all persons.
We are FAITHFUL to an obligation, trust or duty.
- We maintain confidentiality of interactions, student records and information related to legal and private matters.
- We honor commitments made within the guidelines of established policies and procedures.
We seek and convey the TRUTH in our words and actions.
- We act with integrity and honesty in all endeavors and interactions.
- We relay information accurately.
- We communicate all relevant facts and information while respecting privacy and confidentiality.
We actively promote connected RELATIONSHIPS among all people and foster community.
- We create environments that promote connectivity.
- We promote authenticity, mutual empathy and engagement within human interactions.
The TMCC Community can JOIN TOGETHER to foster this inclusive learning environment by:
- Engaging in conversation and discussion about what it means to be respectful.
- Attending workshops, events and programs to learn more about those whose values, perspectives and lifestyles differ from your own.
- Modeling and encouraging this behavior.
- Speaking out against offensive speech and behavior.
- Actively working to promote a welcoming community.
- Resolving conflict in an open and mature manner through discourse, conversation and education.
- Visiting the Diversity and International Student Center Office (DISCO) and asking how you can become involved.