Retail is a growing, fast-paced, and diverse industry with many opportunities for advancement. Careers are available in all areas of business and with over 42 million people employed, and responsible for 1 in 4 jobs in the United States, retail is a great place to be. Start or advance your career in retail with TMCC’s Retail Management Program. This accredited business program is designed to meet the education requirements of the retail industry, and results in a Retail Management Skills Certificate, endorsed by the Western Association of Food Chains (WAFC).
The Retail Management Certificate is a nationally recognized, accredited college program developed by retail industry experts and community college leaders to prepare retail employees for positions in management. If you complete this academic program, you will gain the knowledge, skills, abilities and confidence that will empower you to become a successful leader in retail and service-oriented companies.
Why Choose Retail Management at TMCC?
Successful completion of the courses in the Retail Management Skills Certificate qualifies you to receive the nationally recognized industry certification while providing you with the valuable skills needed to start or advance your career in the retail industry. Some of the benefits of completing this program at TMCC include:
- You can complete this program completely online, completely in person, or a combination of both to suit your learning style.
- The program is designed to meet the education requirements of the retail industry and is endorsed by the leading retailers across the nation.
- The Retail Management Certificate is an accredited business program that will give you the skills you need to get started or advance your career in the retail industry.
- The certificate, which was founded by WAFC, has been recognized as part of the White House's Upskill Initiative and is endorsed by leading organizations and foundations including the Western Association of Food Chains, the Food Marketing Institute, Clinton Global Initiative, ACT Foundation, and the U.S. Department of Labor.
- If you are working for retailers who have partnered with WAFC, you are eligible to take courses within the Retail Management Skills Certificate either on a prepaid tuition or tuition reimbursement agreement. If you are not working for a WAFC partnered retailer, you can choose to complete our skills certificate then apply to receive WAFC's Retail Management certificate too.
- After you complete the skills certificate, you can then go on to complete our Business AAS or Business AA using WAFC's Scholarship to offset tuition costs. Once completed with an AAS or AA, you can even go on to complete your BA degree, again using WAFC's scholarships.
- TMCC’s small class sizes ensure you get the personal attention and help you need to be successful.