Logistics is about getting the right product to the right place at the right time at the right price. In northern Nevada, there are plenty of jobs available in this growing field of business—with 22% job growth expected over the next 5-10 years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Logisticians handle products and services from cradle to cradle, sourcing raw materials, coordinating their delivery for manufacture, delivering the product to the consumer and making sure that the product is delivered in a way that supports company strategy. This exciting field offers job opportunities in supply chain management, warehouse operations, inventory control, purchasing, customer service, and more.
TMCC works closely with regional logistics companies through an advisory board, to ensure the skills you learn will match what local employers need. Classes are scheduled to fit your lifestyle: one evening a week in person, with additional coursework online. Best of all, TMCC offers three stackable certificates and degrees to train you to move up in your career.
Why Choose Logistics Management at TMCC?
- We have three stackable program options for you to choose from so that you can build upon your education at the pace that works for you
- TMCC’s certificate and associate degree programs can be completed 100% online if you prefer the flexibility of online programming
- Many of our bachelor’s degree courses can also be taken online and those that can’t are generally offered in a hybrid model where you come to class for some periods and work online for others
- Our small class sizes ensure you receive the individual attention you need to be successful
- Our courses are taught by people who are experts in this industry
- We partner with many local companies who have helped ensure our curriculum is relevant to what you will need in the workplace... and they hire our graduates!
- You will have the opportunity to participate in fieldwork and an internship so that you get the hands-on experience you need in the industry
"The LGM Program at TMCC has provided the knowledge needed to succeed within the logistics community. With this degree, I feel prepared for many logistics careers."
Aaron B., Logistics BAS Student
What Will I Study?
Some of the topics you will cover as you work on your Logistics program completion might include: logistics management, procurement, quality control, transportation, automation, safety, legal issues, finance, import/export, purchasing and more. You will find that you get a very well-rounded education and are prepared to meet the demands of this growing industry.
The Bachelor of Applied Science, Logistics Operations Management is a four-year degree that will provide you with the technical expertise and knowledge needed to meet the Northern Nevada operations and logistics industry technical workforce needs. The Logistics Management AAS and Production Systems AAS are feeder degrees to the program. Your year three, semester one classes are dependent on the AAS you earned. This degree responds to employers' expressed needs to have a well-qualified logistics operations workforce trained and ready to meet workforce demand, thus ensuring long-term economic success for the region.
The Associate of Applied Science, Business, Logistics Management is well suited to you if you are seeking to obtain a career at the entry-level of logistics management. You will graduate with a core set of knowledge and skills that will allow you to advance in the logistics industry. Successful completion of this degree constitutes the completion of the first 60 credits towards the Bachelor of Applied Science, Logistics Operations Management degree.
Declare the Bachelor of Applied Science in Logistics Operations Management by completing a Degree/Emphasis Change.