If you like change, new trends, adapting to different markets, and helping people in a meaningful way, real estate will offer you the versatility in a work environment that you crave. Real estate is a professional career that gives you control over your own schedule and allows you the flexibility that you need for work and life balance. It is also a career that has no limit to the amount of money you can make since it is all about your drive to sell and your skills in matching your clients’ needs with appropriate properties. If you enjoy meeting new people and having a career where no two days are alike, real estate might be the profession for you.
Why Choose Real Estate at TMCC?
TMCC’s Real Estate Salesperson major offers several key advantages:
- TMCC offers the pre-licensing education required by the State of Nevada to become a Real Estate Salesperson.
- You can complete the classes you need to become a licensed real estate agent in one semester so it is a quick path to a professional and rewarding career.
- Class sizes are small so you will get the individual attention you need to be successful in your studies.
- We offer both in person and online course options so that you can choose the type of course that works best for your learning style and your schedule.
- After completion of a two course sequence, you will be prepared to sit for the real estate licensing exam.
- Real estate courses can also be taken for personal or professional interest for those who do not plan to become licensed realtors but want to better understand this field.
What Will I Study?
As you work through the two courses in the skills certificate for the Real Estate Salesperson, you will learn about professional organizations, types of property, law of agency, law of contracts, listing agreements, easements, estates in the land, forms of ownership, legal descriptions, taxation, liens, contract law, deeds, probate, title insurance, recording, financing, leases, property management, appraisal, land use, subdividing, fair housing, ethical practices and closing statements. You will also study the appropriate Nevada Revised Statutes and their Administrative Codes. Once you successfully complete RE 101 and RE 103 and pass the Nevada Real Estate Exam, you will be qualified to become a licensed real estate salesperson in Nevada.
College Catalog Information
Check out additional Degree and Certificate information, including Recommended Course Schedule, Program Requirements and Program Outcomes.