Whether your goals include innovating an existing company or starting a new business on your own, TMCC'S entrepreneurship program will equip you with the skills necessary to thrive, not just survive. In this program, you will learn how to create and execute business plans, how to reach potential customers, and how to build a business from the ground up.
Benefits of receiving an entrepreneurship degree:
- A degree in entrepreneurship gives you a broad base knowledge of the needs of business while preparing you for small business ownership.
- A degree in entrepreneurship is valued by businesses to assist them in constant innovation.
- You will not only learn the skills for entrepreneurship, but also gain the knowledge of yourself and of customers to be successful in launching your own business.
The benefits of receiving your Associate of Arts (AA) Business, Entrepreneurship Degree from TMCC:
- Small class size means one-on-one attention and the same flexibility and innovation experienced in small business management.
- Access to successful entrepreneurs, who act as mentors, resources and most importantly all courses are taught by successful entrepreneurs.
- Graduate with thousands of dollars of consulting expertise from instructors, while paying TMCC's low tuition rate.
Entrepreneurship Certificate of Achievement
This certificate allows the new entrepreneur the opportunity to get grounding in the fundamentals of being an entrepreneur. This certificate suits entrepreneurial minded individuals who want to start their business and/or bring new ideas to existing businesses.
Students completing the certificate will:
- Develop a business plan, including the creation, development and presentation of innovative ideas.
- Possess effective networking skills.
- Possess skills and knowledge in each of the major business functions (accounting, marketing, economics, and finance) requisite for the owning and operating of a small business venture.
See Also: Gainful Employment Data for Certificate
Culinary Arts Entrepreneurs Certificate of Achievement
This certificate allows the new entrepreneur the opportunity to acquire grounding in the fundamentals of being an entrepreneur. Suitable for entrepreneurial-minded individuals who want to start their own business in the culinary arts or find a challenging position in a culinary environment such as a restaurant, hotel, supermarket, bakery, pastry shop, hospital, ski and lake resort, corporate cafeteria and casino.
Business AA Degree, Entrepreneurship
This program prepares students to start their own business ventures or act and participate in any size organization with an entrepreneurial spirit. Students who successfully complete this degree will be eligible for transfer to upper division status in the University of Nevada, Reno’s (UNR) College of Business. Students completing the emphasis will:
- Graduate and/or transfer to a four-year institution.
- Demonstrate their proficiency and knowledge of the fundamentals of small business management.
- Assist in the development of entrepreneurial enterprises in the Reno community .
UNR Articulation Agreement
For students with the declared ENT minor at TMCC, UNR's Degree Audit Report accepts:
- TMCC ENT 200 in place of UNR ENT 401
- TMCC ENT 230 in place of UNR ENT 402
- TMCC ENT 280 in place of UNR ENT 403
SNC Transfer Agreement
We have a unique co-admission program with Sierra Nevada College (SNC) in Tahoe. Students who complete 30 credit hours with a minimum GPA of 2.0 at TMCC, including at least one college-level English and one college-level mathematics course are eligible to enroll in one course each semester at SNC, without paying additional tuition. Students are able to participate in all SNC Tahoe’s student activities while enrolled at TMCC, including business plan competitions, visiting speaker events, and outdoor trips. They are also able to utilize SNC Tahoe’s academic support programs. Students can then complete their BS/BA in entrepreneurship at SNC Tahoe. They can transfer to SNC after completing their TMCC AA with a minimum GPA of 2.0. Co-enrolled students are automatically admitted. Transfer students with 60 transferable credits and a minimum 2.0 GPA are automatically awarded a Transfer Student Merit Scholarship. The amount of scholarship is determined by their entering GPA. Co-admitted students are also automatically eligible for an additional $1,000 scholarship.
Business AAS Degree, Massage Therapy Entrepreneurship
The Business Associate of Applied Science Degree, Massage Therapy Entrepreneurship, is a useful two-year degree in which you will undertake a broad spectrum of entrepreneurship and massage related classes that will provide you with a strong foundation of business knowledge in order to prepare you to start your own business ventures. The required massage courses follow the guidelines established by local Nevada ordinances as well as the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. Students completing the TMCC program will be eligible to take the national certification exam and also will be eligible to join either of the two nationally recognized professional organizations: American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) or Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP).
Business AAS Degree, Personal Trainer Entrepreneurship
The Business Associate of Applied Science Degree, Personal Trainer Entrepreneurship, is a useful two-year degree in which you will undertake a broad spectrum of entrepreneurship and personal training classes that will provide you with a strong foundation of business knowledge in order to prepare you to start your own business ventures. The required personal trainer courses will prepare you to become a certified personal trainer with your choice of national certification agencies through a comprehensive program covering safe and effective exercise, fitness testing and analysis, body mechanics, wellness fundamentals, proper nutrition, and business management skills.
Culinary Arts AAS Degree, Culinary Arts Entrepreneurs
The Culinary Arts Entrepreneurs AAS Degree provides graduates with the necessary business skills to open their own business and/or work in a management capacity at a food-related small business. They will learn aspects related to business, people, and culinary which will allow them to achieve success in a wide range of different food operations.